Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 6.7 injectors might be going bad

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

6.7 injectors might be going bad

Just in case I find out my issue is from injectors wanted to get an idea of how much a set of 50 over injectors would run me for an 09 6.7. Any chance your running a 6.7 sale here soon @AccurateDiesel?

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation AccurateDiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Certainly! We'll have a 6.7L sale starting right now! Let me know if you need any.

Thank you!

3. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Just in case I find out my issue is from injectors wanted to get an idea of how much a set of 50 over injectors would run me for an 09 6.7. Any chance your running a 6.7 sale here soon @AccurateDiesel?
    Remember to ship your first born for those. Twice the price of the 5.9 injectors.

What makes you think the injectors are going bad?

Do you have a scan tool? Autoenginuity makes a real nice one for the lap top. Then you can run a cylinder contribution test

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #4
    Permanent Vacation Diesel Dawgs Performance's Avatar

User Info Menu

I've got some brand new 60hp for $500 each injector plus cores.

6. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Remember to ship your first born for those. Twice the price of the 5.9 injectors.

What makes you think the injectors are going bad?

Do you have a scan tool? Autoenginuity makes a real nice one for the lap top. Then you can run a cylinder contribution test
    I don't have one, but I know a guy that'll put his on it for me. Just gotta match up scheduling and timing with him. Working 12 hr shifts makes getting stuff like that done more difficult than usual.
    As for why, white/grey smoke when I get on it to get up to speed on the hwy. No black in it at all at that point. BUT, pulling a hill, she's blacker than night. I checked yesterday, no fuel in my oil, so not washing past rings, hardly any water came out of my seperator. Just filled up from a different fuel station this morning. Kinda leaning towards and hoping ita just some cheap goofy winter blend mix as the cause. Loading up an H&S box tune for the drive home this afternoon to rule out tuning. Highly doubt that's my problem, but I'd rather rule it out completely.

7. Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I don't have one, but I know a guy that'll put his on it for me. Just gotta match up scheduling and timing with him. Working 12 hr shifts makes getting stuff like that done more difficult than usual.
    As for why, white/grey smoke when I get on it to get up to speed on the hwy. No black in it at all at that point. BUT, pulling a hill, she's blacker than night. I checked yesterday, no fuel in my oil, so not washing past rings, hardly any water came out of my seperator. Just filled up from a different fuel station this morning. Kinda leaning towards and hoping ita just some cheap goofy winter blend mix as the cause. Loading up an H&S box tune for the drive home this afternoon to rule out tuning. Highly doubt that's my problem, but I'd rather rule it out completely.
    OK You sold me.

The BOSCH dealer I USED to use told me the average life of a 6.7 injector is 100K. Mine just went dead because of rusting Air Dog brand fuel filters. I lost 2 sets thanks to those jerks

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I am sitting a touch north of 100k. The thing that's given me hope it might be something different is that I have no other symptoms. No miss, no stutter... butt dyno has it making the same power.

10. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Check this out.

http://www.autoenginuity.com/products/scan-tool.html

It's affordable and lots of people use it

11. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

@AccurateDiesel you got a PM bud....
    So I think the diagnosis is the injectors are getting weak and not holding high rail pressure. Idle, casual, civilized driving they hold and work just fine. When I get into it and get into the top end when rail pressure gets up there is when they leak by and spit fuel out the exhaust. Hence why no fuel in oil and no miss or atutter

13. Top Of Page | #10
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Check this out.

http://www.autoenginuity.com/products/scan-tool.html

It's affordable and lots of people use it
    That's actually really cool!!! And for what it is/does that's really cheap. I think that's going on my wish list for when I make it rich

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast