Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  6
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil filters

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Killer223 View Post
    i use FLEETGUARD LF16035 or the new 9028
    can't go wrong with them as they are owned by cummins. 45 for an oil filter is cheep instead of 5G for a engine.

you oil turns back because you have an 04.5 or newer engine with the " in cylinder EGR" as some put it but all it really is is an extra injection event. the 03-early 04 didnt have this, my oils stays clean till about 4500 miles. but the cleanliness is not a proper way to tell if oil is still good or not.
    with the 9028 i'ma run 10K miles between changes with VPB 5/40 oil.
    DING! You just cleared that up for me. I was mistaken. The EGR event started with the Cat converters in 04.5. I lost a ton of that knowledge when my brain collapsed a few years ago. Now I remember why I took the 04 instead of the 04.5 when I bought. My hard drive crashed.

Killer your package got here.. I wish I felt better though

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

sweet deal on the package, make sure you look under both foam cushions. i think for MPG's try SW7, rail 2, TM 1, timing 4. stay out of the go peddle though, unless your trans is built.

3. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    DING! You just cleared that up for me. I was mistaken. The EGR event started with the Cat converters in 04.5. I lost a ton of that knowledge when my brain collapsed a few years ago. Now I remember why I took the 04 instead of the 04.5 when I bought. My hard drive crashed.

Killer your package got here.. I wish I felt better though
    And you doubted me!

4. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    And you doubted me!

No not really. You and Killer both told me that. The ol brain highway is still strewn with pot holes. You have no idea how much you guys have helped me repave some of the lanes in my brain.
    @Killer223 actually corrected me first.

What can you do with labito?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #15
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post

No not really. You and Killer both told me that. The ol brain highway is still strewn with pot holes. You have no idea how much you guys have helped me repave some of the lanes in my brain.
    @Killer223 actually corrected me first.

What can you do with labito?
    Little blue pills.....

6. Top Of Page | #16
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Baldwin, fleetguard or amsoil

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Little blue pills.....

9. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

fleetguard or amsoil

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by K-Sons View Post
    fleetguard or amsoil
    Toilet Paper. Oh wiat! That's for . . . .

12. Top Of Page | #20
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Napa Gold brand is just repackaged WIX filters. This is what I run on my 1st Gen motor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast