Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  6
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Oil filters

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Oil filters

Hey guys I was wondering what everyone uses for oil filter for the best price I use the k&n oil filter and is there something out there that is better with out breaking the bank

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I've heard that Wix is good without breaking the bank. That's what I gonna use when my first oil change comes due. I've also heard/seen posts on other forums about guys using John deere filters and oil.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Do you know the microns it cleans up to I'm not sure what k&n is but I know after about 500 miles my oil is already black I've heard of people getting 15000 miles with the bypass filter kits is it worth the $245 to get that or should I go with the fleetgaurd filter which is a higher quality but I don't like the idea of spending $45-60 a filter ever oil change

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

We use amsoil filters here.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Scrap that K & N Air filter. Bad news for turbos

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Likes Dodgepartsguy liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #6
    Quote Originally Posted by whorti31601 View Post
    Do you know the microns it cleans up to I'm not sure what k&n is but I know after about 500 miles my oil is already black I've heard of people getting 15000 miles with the bypass filter kits is it worth the $245 to get that or should I go with the fleetgaurd filter which is a higher quality but I don't like the idea of spending $45-60 a filter ever oil change
    You have to pay to play. It sucks but it's part of the game.

8. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

K&n oil filter

9. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've been happy with wix. Don't remember the micron rating on it off top of my head tho. I change filters at 5000 and oil at 10,000

10. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Can't go wrong with Fleetguard

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

i use FLEETGUARD LF16035 or the new 9028
    can't go wrong with them as they are owned by cummins. 45 for an oil filter is cheep instead of 5G for a engine.

you oil turns back because you have an 04.5 or newer engine with the " in cylinder EGR" as some put it but all it really is is an extra injection event. the 03-early 04 didnt have this, my oils stays clean till about 4500 miles. but the cleanliness is not a proper way to tell if oil is still good or not.
    with the 9028 i'ma run 10K miles between changes with VPB 5/40 oil.

12. Thanks davestrim thanked for this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast