Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  13
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trans Advice needed 48RE

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Trans Advice needed 48RE

03 48RE Medium towing, mostly cruising Smarty on SW5 for MPG

You guys know I stay stock where ever I can, But in this case, I need a bit of direction.

I loaned out my truck to my future son-in-law a week ago, He got out of his Honda and discovered some real power. I can bet he pounded the trans pretty good. Needless to say I am not happy.

It looks like the clutches in the converter are slipping. I located a converter, used, that was used for 2 weeks. http://www.ebay.com/itm/111587024578...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I plan on a billet Flex plate, but may as well do the trans while it's out.

What do you think I should replace to make a bullet proof trans. I mean what after market parts should I buy. Things like input shaft, front pump, frictions. Goint to do a mild valve body

I was thinking of going to Sun Coast for the parts, unless you have someone else in mind

I have to spend money I don't have here

@thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel @Canadiandiesel @Rockwerx

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Looking at this kit. Suncoast is way too expensive

http://www.goerend.com/index.cfm?Pag...r+Overhaul+Kit

I still need to rebuild the front pump and valve body

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I've heard gorend is good. I think firepunk just builds transmissions, but worth checking to see if they make parts. Otherwise I'm not much help. Never really been an auto guy

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I've heard gorend is good. I think firepunk just builds transmissions, but worth checking to see if they make parts. Otherwise I'm not much help. Never really been an auto guy

Goerend just does parts now. I need suggestions on what to do to the trans. I couldn't remember fireponks name

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Sounds like the son in law needs to pony up some cash and fix your truck. Or at least help.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
    Sounds like the son in law needs to pony up some cash and fix your truck. Or at least help.
    Pleeeeze I don't want him near my truck with a wrench. Getting money will be another problem

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Pleeeeze I don't want him near my truck with a wrench. Getting money will be another problem
    That's why I only loan my truck to people that understand it's how I put food on the table for my family and they break it they're fixing it. If I know they probably won't be able to afford to fix anything general that might pop up they are not borrowing it.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by turboguy327 View Post
    That's why I only loan my truck to people that understand it's how I put food on the table for my family and they break it they're fixing it. If I know they probably won't be able to afford to fix anything general that might pop up they are not borrowing it.
    You had to be there. My wife actually loaned it to him. I wasn't even here.

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post

Firepunk Diesel does indeed sell parts/kits as well as whole builds. Give Lavon a call and tell him your needs and power requirements and he can tell you exactly what you'll be needing. On a side note I've personally done business with them for 3+ years now and I can tell you that their quality/customer service, and most importantly, HONESTY is very hard to beat.

Shop number: 1-614-733-3744

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Firep...03862462986063

Good luck and time to find a new, future son-in-law!

10. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

need a hand steve? I am doing my front end this weekend, but let me know as I am assuming its more than a week out

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

12. Likes Rockwerx liked this post
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast