Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  90
Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

1. Top Of Page | #291
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

just thought i'd update. i've been running mobil delvac 50 in the G56, changed it out the other day and added some 9200 in the mix. shifting seems quite a bit smoother and almost refined. before it was a fairly smooth shift anyway, but in order to not take forever between gears you had to have the timing just right. now it seems to have more forgiveness in the timing of shifting as well as almost just falls into gear.

2. Top Of Page | #292

User Info Menu

I just have the 9200 in the engine and rear right now. Can't say if it's doing anything. But the oil is real slippery stuff.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #293
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Gave my dad an 8oz bottle to try in his LB7 duramax. Bone stock. Has been getting 14mpg running stanadyn performance formula.

4. Top Of Page | #294

User Info Menu

I've been running power service diesel kleen or the stanadyne performance formula. I've thought about trying the optilube. Where do y'all get the archoil?

2012 Lonestar Edition Mineral Gray 3500 DRW CrewCab 4x4 6.7/68RFE 3.73, 125,000 miles and climbing, Revmax Valvebody, AFE Bladerunner Intake horn, Michellin LTX AT2, CHR550 Lockpick, Mopar Kicker Speaker Upgrades, Mopar Kicker 10" Sub, Synergy Steering Box Brace, Edge CTS Insight

5. Top Of Page | #295
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I started out ordering from their site, but then talked a local shop into being a dealer.

6. Top Of Page | #296

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I started out ordering from their site, but then talked a local shop into being a dealer.
    Hey Drew!

A bunch of stuff has been going on lately. I'm not giving up on my plight for the MPG.

The last week or so, I have been having misfires again. That's what started all this with Archoil. I had a discussion with my injector vendor and he brought up a very good point. BTW, he will be a new vendor with us soon. Like the last time, in order to clear the misfires, I had to hammer it a short distance.

I recall the truck had a great deal of short runs by the previous owner. Just like me. The longest run I've done in the last year is a load from Long Island. When I tow, I take it easy and don't hammer it at all. The rest has been local trips and short hops here and there. He mentioned a carbon buildup. DING! The bell rang. I remember chunks of heavy carbon coming out with the injectors when I changed them.

I was at CarQuest today and they had a display of SeaFoam products. One of them was a decarboning agent. But I would have needed 6 cans to do 1 tank. So I checked out Arch Oil. They have a new product listed called AR 6400. So I called them. Seems they have been making it for several years bit were having trouble getting it allowed in the USA. He explained to me that he is amazed what he saw it do. He said if I use this and then a regular 6200 treatment to the tank, the carbon will probably not come back. He also said it will dramatically improve fuel economy if the engine is heavily laiden with carbon. I think that may be my problem. May have been the problem all along!

So Monday, I will have 2 bottles of 6400 and will bomb my tank. That's perfect because Tuesday I am going on a 400 mile round trip, highway.

So now we have a new product to look at. I'm using the 9200 in the oil. I looked at it today and it's still cloudy but clear at 5000 miles. Lets see if this stuff does what they say it does.

That excessive carbon may be why I am losing so much mileage. I wonder if the water made it worse?

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

7. Top Of Page | #297
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Hmmm, would make sense and explain a lot. Sounds like you need to either take it to the track every now and then or max out your towing capacity and find a few hills

8. Top Of Page | #298

User Info Menu

Hmmm, would make sense and explain a lot. Sounds like you need to either take it to the track every now and then or max out your towing capacity and find a few hills
    True. It's been a while since I have done any real long hauls. Last one I did up into NY was in October. Lets face it. I'm slowing down

9. Top Of Page | #299
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

At least once a week I'll pull as long of a WOT run as I can getting onto the interstate. Usually can get it up to just under 1400°egt around 100mph to keep the VGT cleaned out, maybe something as simple as that (if even possible for you) would be enough to work

10. Top Of Page | #300

User Info Menu

At least once a week I'll pull as long of a WOT run as I can getting onto the interstate. Usually can get it up to just under 1400°egt around 100mph to keep the VGT cleaned out, maybe something as simple as that (if even possible for you) would be enough to work
    Yes it would and when I can, I do get on it some. The problem is it's so congested around here, and this truck is so quick, I could make an Accordion! LOL I'm kinda stuck with the congestion for 50 miles in any direction. That and these ding bats are so unpredictable. Especially the New Yawka's. One minute you're doing 75 and the next 55. You know how that works.

It makes too much sense that I have a severe carbonation issue. There are only 2 ways to clean that out. Take a real long trip, or chemically. I sure don't want to have to take the head off. That carbon could damage cylinder walls. I'm pretty sure it's already making the valves to hang open a tad. That's probably what the miss is.

I'm wondering why the water didn't help eliminate some of that. It could be I have a hard time getting this thing hot enough. If I don't run the AC, it runs at 185. It picks up 3 degrees with the AC. Only when I am towing and on local hills will it come up to 190* That's not helping me either.

From what I can gather from searching, the carbon starts to build up and will quickly. Combustion temps have something to do with that. Once it starts to collect, it will keep collecting and take 10 times longer to get rid of it. I never experienced anything like this before. Even the farm tractors never did this. But they would run for hours, where sometimes, I don't even get up to operating temperature many times when I go out now. This truck does seem to have quirks my 04 didn't have. Both are similar in mods, but I don't drive like I used too either. I only put 16K on in 2 years. I'll have it 2 years come November.

Maybe this is a by product of the sulfur being removed. There were a few indications of that. We all know that helped the trucks burn better.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast