Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Some questions about my 2001 cummins

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Some questions about my 2001 cummins

Well I have 2001 cummins which is automatic. I have had it for about 5 months now. I wanna know what chip or programmer to get. I have asked around n everyone tells me something different. I don't want one to expensive. But I do want one that is going to be effective. I don't want to much power because the truck is stock I just got an intake. I have been told to get a lift pump. Also said get the trans upgraded. The trans has been rebuilt by pervious owner but just to stock again. But like I said I don't want to much power just enough to get up n go. So can someone help me out.

i also have question on lift kit. I bought 3 in leveling kit a while back but I'm afraid to put in. Once again everyone is saying something different. I wanna know what else I need to do it right. Like drop pitman arm . I don't know what else I need. So if anyone has an idea let me know

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

1st question is what's your budget @cummins21?

"The grass is greener where you water it"

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

First of all, what do you do with the truck? Daily driver? Work?

If you are just doing minor mods, the trans will hold up as long as you don't beat it daily. Contrary to opinions, the trans is pretty stout. However, if it's the original trans, untouched after 13 years, and you don't know the history, it may be something of future investment. In that case, some mild upgrades may be in order. For now, lets see what your plan is. Then we go from there.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #4
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It's my daily driver n I don't don't tow with it at all if I did would be nothing crazy. My budget is kinda low maybe like $2500. My plans is to give the truck a lil more power because I drive on the highway a lot for work so just to give it a lil more power to past cars with no problem . The trans has been rebuilt like 3yrs with stock parts no upgraded ones. All I really want is like more hp n if it helps on mpg then that's even better.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Make sure the exhaust is a true 4" all the way back. 99 to 02 were all over the place in sizes. If not, go with an exhaust. S & B cold air intake. Take a look at the Edge Juice CT or CTS. Then you get gauges too. That will fit in your budge and give you everything you want.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I have 3.5 to 4 in. I really wanna get the edge. When I get the edge there is a comp module I have to get right?
    Do you know anything about lifts?

7. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

the edge juice is a comp box with a monitor so you don't have to buy guages
    but if you want guages then get the edge comp box and then buy guages too
    THEY ARE TWO DIFFRENT THINGS
    but a edge juice is better because you will get a turbo timer and it defuels if something gets hot and you got a heave foot

and what kind of lift is it and who makes it?

8. Top Of Page | #8
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Thanks @K-Sons. What about the super chip? Or the quadzilla?

I have 3in leveling kit. It's a eBay job
    I have 35s on it now n they rub lil at full lock the rim has 4.5 back spacing

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

best bang for the buck is the edge juice
    never run superchips my self
    but did have the quadzilla adrenaline with a V2 monitor but did not like how it made the truck run had good power but I got a heavy foot and it ate the trans

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

and with a leveling kit you should clear 35s fine
    just get a alignment after you put the leveling kit in
    and you dont need a drop pitman arm for that
    but before you add power put in a good lift pump like a fass 150 the VP injection pumps in these trucks like to keep their fuel pressure at about 10-18 psi since they are lubed and cooled with fuel

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast