Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2nd to 3rd Gear Flare, 47re

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

I never heard of a converter causing a flare unless the pressure is dropping off in the converter.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

2. Top Of Page | #12
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    I never heard of a converter causing a flare unless the pressure is dropping off in the converter.
    Yeah I think he was just trying to blame it on the parts I bought. I'm kinda stuck now because he charges me $120 every time I ask him to look at it internally for fluid and filter along with labor. I'm at $1800 in labor and fluid with him so far after install and still won't admit he messed up... Hopefully I figure something out soon.

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #13
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Take it to another shop, if that shop finds the fault in his work send him the bill. I've had to do it before. Sometimes you gotta rock the boat a bit, but usually once you mention that your going to go public with the bad shop's practices they tend to pay up and get quiet

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Take it to another shop, if that shop finds the fault in his work send him the bill. I've had to do it before. Sometimes you gotta rock the boat a bit, but usually once you mention that your going to go public with the bad shop's practices they tend to pay up and get quiet
    That has been a thought lately, only problem is that there are not a lot of shops in my area (within 120 miles) that are known to be reliable. Ill give this guy one more chance and if it's still not fixed, I'm going public. Hate to do that to a small business, but I can't keep blowing money on a transmission that should have been well built.

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Call him out on here and send him the link, but be professional when you do it.

State only the facts.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

8. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS.COM View Post
    Call him out on here and send him the link, but be professional when you do it.

State only the facts.
    Agreed.

It's too bad you're so far away. I have two shops here that are good

S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

DELAYED 3-4 UPSHIFT

(SLOW TO ENGAGE)
    1. Fluid Level Low. 1. Add fluid and check for leaks.
    2. Throttle Valve Cable Mis-adjusted. 2. Adjust throttle valve cable.
    3. Overdrive Clutch Pack Worn/Burnt. 3. Remove unit and rebuild clutch pack.
    4. TPS Faulty. 4. Test with DRBT scan tool and replace as necessary
    5. Overdrive Clutch Bleed Orifice Plugged. 5. Disassemble transmission and replace orifice.
    6. Overdrive Solenoid or Wiring Shorted/Open. 6. Test solenoid and check wiring for loose/corroded connections or shorts/
    grounds. Replace solenoid if faulty and repair wiring if necessary.
    7. Overdrive Excess Clearance. 7. Remove unit. Measure end play and select proper spacer.
    8. O/D Check Valve Missing or Stuck. 8. Check for presence of check valve.

10. Top Of Page | #18
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Agreed.

It's too bad you're so far away. I have two shops here that are good
    That would be nice, I've been looking for another shop around me that could help, think I found one about 45 minutes from me that I'm going to try.

11. Top Of Page | #19
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

DELAYED 3-4 UPSHIFT

(SLOW TO ENGAGE)
    1. Fluid Level Low. 1. Add fluid and check for leaks.
    2. Throttle Valve Cable Mis-adjusted. 2. Adjust throttle valve cable.
    3. Overdrive Clutch Pack Worn/Burnt. 3. Remove unit and rebuild clutch pack.
    4. TPS Faulty. 4. Test with DRBT scan tool and replace as necessary
    5. Overdrive Clutch Bleed Orifice Plugged. 5. Disassemble transmission and replace orifice.
    6. Overdrive Solenoid or Wiring Shorted/Open. 6. Test solenoid and check wiring for loose/corroded connections or shorts/
    grounds. Replace solenoid if faulty and repair wiring if necessary.
    7. Overdrive Excess Clearance. 7. Remove unit. Measure end play and select proper spacer.
    8. O/D Check Valve Missing or Stuck. 8. Check for presence of check valve.
    Going into overdrive was a little rough, but when I took it back he worked in that too, actually fixed that, but not sure how close the symptoms would be to a 2-3 flare.

12. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

I got that from the FSM. I'll thought I copied the right one. I'll look again

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast