Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12 valve turbo

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

12 valve turbo

I have a question for everyone, I want to put a bigger turbo on my 1998 12 valve. Does anyone know what will give me the best performance and really loud whistle?

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

I don't know squat about turbos themselves.

Try contacting "truckwurx", You can PM him. or go to www.truckwurx.com

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

All depends on what other mods you have done or are going to do to the truck. Is it auto or manual, is it a daily driver, drag racer or sled puller? What do you tow?

4. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Open air filter will give him the whine he is looking for.

5. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I have a bone stock 97 12V and am looking at a set of bd twins i have on my shelf of parts. Need to do a few other mods first. and test them... pulled them from a junkyard for $50 with all the pipes and intercooler i spent $125 truck was there because of tranny issues, and the owner upgraded to a newer one. I was gunna put them on my fummins, but lets not go there.

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

6. Top Of Page | #6
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Re: 12 valve turbo

It all depends on what other mods you have done as stated above. For a nice daily driver with little to no smoke i loved my 62 with a set of 90hp nozzles and 16° timing with a 100 fuel plate and it pulled a trailer alot back then

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Polaraco View Post
    Open air filter will give him the whine he is looking for.
    So will an AFE pro dry with the stage 1 kit. It's what I have and it sounds like an open turbo!
    Quote Originally Posted by F350Cummins View Post
    I have a bone stock 97 12V and am looking at a set of bd twins i have on my shelf of parts. Need to do a few other mods first. and test them... pulled them from a junkyard for $50 with all the pipes and intercooler i spent $125 truck was there because of tranny issues, and the owner upgraded to a newer one. I was gunna put them on my fummins, but lets not go there.
    BD makes really good compound setups. See if there are #'s on them to figure out what sizes they are.

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

All I have done is a 0 plate with no AFC foot and built auto transmission it's a daily driver but I like to blow a lot of smoke. Sometimes I pull a dump trailer and a skid steer.

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

An S300 in about a 62 or 64mm would do good.

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

its the super B kit

2014 Ram 2500 CCSB Ram Box Larime
    2011 Ram 5500
    2006 Diesel Jeep Liberty
    RIP. 2016 Tradesman 2500 picked up 9/28/16 MM3 DRD Tuning 107K miles wrecked by jeep wrangler.....

Other Toys: 1973 Charger Bougham edition 400 big block 42K original miles
    Unicycles (about 3 dozen)

6 in a row makes her go

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast