Likes Likes:  318
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: It Has Begun - 2018 RAM 2500 "Low Carb" Lifestyle

1. Top Of Page | #81

User Info Menu

Re: It Has Begun - 2018 RAM 2500 "Low Carb" Lifestyle

Quote Originally Posted by ricky_bobby View Post
    I agree with both sentiments.

I may spring for the studs from WP Development as well.

Did you get billet Revmax VB?

My builder uses a DNJ channel plate and does a thorough job, so I know I will be happy with it.

I found a Goerend pan in stock to order, and getting it powder-coated locally, the drain in the middle, and making it not stronger than the case itself makes sense, as well as using a standard gasket and not dealing with RTV.

Have you noticed a difference between just babying it around and driving?
    No, I got the standard VB.

The shifting at first seemed like there were a lot of flares, but it got better after running through the gears lightly.

2018 2500 68RFE, Amp steps, Thurn leveling kit and suspension, Harters wheels 35 in tires. coming: Trans tuning, intake horn, 3.5 in charge pipes.

18 BigHorn 2500 Delmonico Red

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #82

User Info Menu

Sounds good!

I'm sure it's a big difference (or I'm hoping it is for the investment, LOL).

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #83

User Info Menu

So I decided to forego the deep pan for my uses.

I'll be using a $60 Dorman OEM replacement pan with a drain plug, adding a $20 magnetic drain plug on Amazon, and using the 19-up OEM Mopar trans gasket instead of RTV should make for less messy and less hassle services in the future.

For the extra $250 investment, the transmission doesn't need 4 more quarts of fluid that takes longer to heat and cool.

However, if I were to get a deep pan, I'd absolutely get a Goerend pan; the design with the drain in the middle is top-notch, IMO.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #84

User Info Menu

I also ordered the Mishimoto thermal bypass.

I don’t tow, so the thermostat is not a negative as it still gets up to temps quickly like stock and opens sooner, and I also have the option of putting in a full bypass pin.

Mishimoto was the “best of both worlds” option, with the ability to run like stock and not commit to a complete bypass.

Lifetime warranty, and they answered all questions by phone.

The Nonfancy Dorman pan and magnetic drain plug are on their way with hardware and Mishimoto; my parts addition is $240 to the VB.

8. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #85

User Info Menu

My latest tank is after installing the Airraid intake tube, cleaning my AFE drop-in panel filter, and installing the GDP S2 Intake Horn kit.

475 miles, 350 highway miles, about 125 non-highway driving, all unloaded, no trailers, just stuff in the bed going to the beach and back 18.6 mpg hand calculated.

I am going to run the Exhaust Brake in "Auto" this tank as well as turn the Tow/Haul off and see if that helps or hurts mileage; I saw a few posts where guys who are getting good mpg are not using EB in Full for whatever reason (I guess it makes them decelerate too much, so they are constantly accelerating more).

I wished I got better mileage with my deletes, but I've found that the leveling/lift hurts fuel economy more than anything.

I saw a solid 2mpg drop-off when I leveled the truck, maybe 1mpg from the tires, but the level was the killer, and I am more of a 72mph highway cruiser.

I don't cruise at 80, so it's not my speed factor, either.

Either way, the truck runs great, and if I'm babying it, to get 20mpg with 35" tires and a level is nothing to slouch at.
    That's crazy.

Mine is leveled on 35s, and when I went on a diet, I instantly saw almost a complete 6mpg increase!

I went from 14.5 max to almost 21mpg as the best tank.

All hand calculated. i did the 60hp tune, though.

Now i average 18~ overall driving (when not towing).

Use the exhaust brake always (my 12, it's either on or not option LOL).

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #86

User Info Menu

Correct.

The pre-2013 trucks and even pre-2015 or so see the hugest gains for sure - your gains brought you to what I am seeing now.

I was getting 19-20 overall mixed driving as a stock truck before tuning and similar now not much of a difference, maybe 0.5 mpg or so.

I average 18-19 mixed now and can hit over 20 hands calculated on the highway, depending on speed.

It's very year dependent; you'll notice the most gains are the somewhat older trucks.

2016-up, I didn't see much when I was bone stock, no level, and no taller tires.

I hit 21.9mpg all highway hand calculated on a tank.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #87

User Info Menu

Correct.

The pre-2013 trucks and even pre-2015 or so see the hugest gains for sure - your gains brought you to what I am seeing now.

I was getting 19-20 overall mixed driving as a stock truck before tuning and similar now not much of a difference, maybe 0.5 mpg or so.

I average 18-19 mixed now and can hit over 20 hands calculated on the highway, depending on speed.

It's very year dependent; you'll notice the most gains are the somewhat older trucks.

2016-up, I didn't see much when I was bone stock, no level, and no taller tires.

I hit 21.9mpg all highway hand calculated on a tank.
    I didn't know it would be so year specific.

I don't have nearly as many performance/engine mods as you.

I just did EGR/DPF deletes and the 60hp tune.

I've thought about swapping out stock intake and horn, but I'm not looking to push massive HP, so I've been told they were kind of wastes.

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #88

User Info Menu

I wasn't expecting much more power, etc.

It was more about cleaning things up (removing the grid heater, Mega Flo TVM relocation, and GDP intake horn).

I did the Airraid tube for aesthetics (it gains a lot of space on the passenger side by swapping the intake tube out, I have an aside-by-side comparison of the stock tube vs. Airraid on the forum somewhere).

I was going to install 3.5" intercooler pipes for a bit smoother and improved flow, although that would probably be another $250 waste as there are no real-world gains.

Did I maybe make another 15hp overall doing those mods?

Probably, I haven't dyno tested it, but for me, it was about the synergy of the modifications, and I was hoping it would help my fuel mileage some, but in reality, it probably hasn't.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #89

User Info Menu

Cleaning up the engine bay is a darn good reason too!

I'm all about modding the engines to be more efficient and produce more power, make them sound better, etc.

I thought about ditching the grid heater, but I live in the north, so I'm not sure if that would be a good idea, LOL.

18. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #90

User Info Menu

GDP makes a replacement that works with the stock intake horn and draws the same amperage as a stock which is what I installed (and I don't need it in the South).

It's their Mega Flo TVM.

It replaces the stock throttle valve.

20. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, BubbaJo thanked for this post
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast