Thanks Thanks:  226
Likes Likes:  460
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    You have one nice setup for my kind of vacation.

I wish I could run up to you.

My grandma has needed my help moving for the past two weekends.

I know you got some critters taken care of.

For Oregon, 40 acres, you can get 2 LOP " landowner property " tags, meaning don't matter what season it is; you can shoot deer or elk if you have destruction on fields or crops.
    The downside to owning a truck, you have to help everyone move.

They make a license plate frame that reads, "Yeah, it's my truck" across the top and across the bottom; it reads no, I'm not going to help you move."

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

My weekend work was good enough for L&I to sign off on my new meter panel install.

I already contacted the PUD and met with the engineer prior; the holdup was the electrical inspection; now that it is done, on to the next phase.

I already called the PUD to start the next phase; they are on it now.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

4. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Re: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

L&I has signed off on my meter base, so now I am waiting for the power company to secure easements.

PUD wants $29,611; then I get a contractor to plow in the wire at $1.75 a foot, plus $700 to move in his equipment.

I'm guessing about 1,800 feet.

Hey, for about $34,000, I can plug in my cell phone now.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

That’s some cash outlay to be tied to the grid, but it definitely will add value to the property.

Modern conveniences demand modern $$$$$’s, I guess.

I must be getting too old and stubborn.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

8. Top Of Page | #25
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post
    That’s some cash outlay to be tied to the grid, but it definitely will add value to the property.

I’m finding out there’s nothing cheap about building.

Barley starting, and I’m over budget LOL.

I just spent 40k on dirt work for my house. 32k just in the dirt, a little over 3000 yards.

I had to scrape 7ft below grade and build up 4ft over grade to get the engineer to sign off on the slab.

Luckily, my neighbor owns a trencher on my power lines and lets me use it to dig the trench for my power lines.

Now need them to come lay the cable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    I’m finding out there’s nothing cheap about building.

Barley starting, and I’m over budget LOL.

I just spent 40k on dirt work for my house. 32k just in the dirt, a little over 3000 yards.

I had to scrape 7ft below grade and build up 4ft over grade to get the engineer to sign off on the slab.

Luckily, my neighbor owns a trencher on my power lines and lets me use it to dig the trench for my power lines.

Now need them to come lay the cable.

Probably 3 feet deep, that is the rule here, must be in 3" conduit.

My cabin soil is pretty rocky, mine will be plowed in.

That wire run will be spendy (wire is spendy now) and I suspect they will put in a pad mount transformer somewhere on your property, usually 200 to 300 feet allowed past that.

I assume you are doing a house and a shop, bring in 320A service, 200 for the home, then 120 for the shop, come off the main panel, then only one meter.

A second meter for the shop will be a monthly service even if nothing is used.

Mine will be $40 a month if I dont use a single milliwatt, so end up with one meter.

I assume the shop, see 2 pads, shop the larger footprint.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTrain View Post

I have a well already, put that in, in 2006, so short of a septic system, I have everything to live there and it is an option.

Most off-griders, the cost of solar, maintenance, repair, replacement of batteries, lots of labor, clearing panels, cleaning panels, replacing damaged panels, they all said life would be so much simpler if they were hooked to the grid and cheaper.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #28
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=toyota_mdt_tech;241544]Yes, sir, 3 feet deep here too.

My ground is soft here after the first two feet, which is part of why I had to dig down so far and add dirt for the engineered slab on the house.

Yeah, one meter for both moved the shop closer to the house than I would have preferred to keep it one meter.

200amp panels on both house and shop.

I will be running a couple of lifts, welders, metal lathe, etc., and have ac in my build room, so going big on the panel.

The shop size is a 50x50 enclosed area with a lean-to on one side.

50x80 overall concrete area.

That’s as big as I could convince my wife to go, I wish the bigger pad were the shop, but my wife wouldn’t allow that, LOL.

Yeah, the wire and the pole they have to add are pricey.

I’ve been trying not to look at the checks I’ve been signing lately.

14. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    Yes, sir, 3 feet deep here too.

My ground is soft here after the first two feet, which is part of why I had to dig down so far and add dirt for the engineered slab on the house.

Yeah, one meter for both moved the shop closer to the house than I would have preferred to keep it one meter.

200amp panels on both house and shop.

I will be running a couple of lifts, welders, metal lathe, etc., and have ac in my build room, so going big on the panel.

The shop size is a 50x50 enclosed area with a lean-to on one side.

50x80 overall concrete area.

That’s as big as I could convince my wife to go, I wish the bigger pad were the shop, but my wife wouldn’t allow that, LOL.

Yeah, the wire and the pole they have to add are pricey.

I’ve been trying not to look at the checks I’ve been signing lately.

OK, 400A service, 200 for the shop, 200 for the house, perfect.

I will be capable of running 400A but will need to size the wire accordingly after the transformer.

My transformer will be 10 feet to the left of my meter base.

This allows me flexibility for the house later if I go that route.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

My wife picked up the cashier's check from back today, shy of 30K, so get that in the mail tomorrow.

The utility company expects it and will get going immediately; they will coordinate directly with my preferred installer/contractor.

So I may have power before my August trip.

I will trench in a buried line from the meter base to my cabin.

75 feet, running a 30A subpanel (220VAC).

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast