Thanks Thanks:  226
Likes Likes:  460
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

1. Top Of Page | #61

User Info Menu

Re: My Cabin Property On 40 Acres

This is something I don't see often.

Building a piece of heaven to enjoy and hand down to the next generation.

The whole process looks great, man.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #62

User Info Menu

Looking great!

Beautiful area.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, toyota_mdt_tech liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #63

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, few pics of the power project, not much, just local showing me road conditions where they crossed the road in 3 places.

They are fussy. It's put back and looks good now; give it all winter to settle and final grooming in April.

Also, show road crossing and there why entered my fence (cut barbed wire) and set in a vault.

I'm not sure if it's just a vault or a transformer.

I have a transformer by the meter base, but I have no pictures of it.

These are pretty boring pictures, but it's all I have for now.

The first road crossing ties into power at a vault in the ground (green lid).

The total run was 2,200 feet.

Attachment 16416

Next, crossing at a sharp turn, my power cuts across the turn.

Attachment 16417

And dead-end spur road, it goes up a bit then turns left into my place and cabin about another 600 feet.

The vault is just inside the fence line.

Attachment 16418
    The box they call a vault looks like what we call a switching cabinet down here.

Due to distance, I expect they couldn't make it from the main to your transformer on a single cable run, so they installed the cabinet as a tie point between the 2 runs or a splice enclosure to protect the splice due to the rocky soil.

Either way, you do good quality work.

Sent from my SM-T860 using Tapatalk

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Top Of Page | #64

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    The box they call a vault looks like what we call a switching cabinet down here.

Due to distance, I expect they couldn't make it from the main to your transformer on a single cable run, so they installed the cabinet as a tie point between the two runs or a splice enclosure to protect the splice due to the rocky soil.

Power247, yes, I suspect you may be right.

The total bury run was 2,200 feet.

It's 3 feet down inside the conduit, but along the way are green boxes; the lid is barely above grade; I want to say 3 feet by 3 feet or maybe even 4X4.

I don't know if there are splice joints or service entrances if someone along the way wants in and a tap point.

I emailed one of the engineers, so I suspect I will get an email back today on it. I am just curious more than anything.

They also added a padlock on my gate, so two locks were joined so they have access to the meter base/transformer.

I met the crew and engineers; what a great bunch of guys!

They asked if I had turkeys on my place, and I said yes, and they were welcome to hunt it but to save some turkey for Corkster.

The power up there is around 29,500 volts, they said its an odd size and requires a special transformer which they had plenty of on hand.

I wasn't sure if they ran 29.5K to my transformer or knocked it down a bit, then again down to the 240AC

Corkey, this was the most expensive thing I have done; heck, each 20-acre lot cost me $37,500, the cabin was around 25K, and log/thinning was 48K, but the state picked up 75% of that, leaving me 13K solar well was 11K all trimmed out, after the big fires around my place on 2015, I brought in loads of gravel, that was 10K, then for 37,500, I bought the 20-acre lot just east of me.

All the improvements and total for everything is about 300K; I used the pay-as-you plan, so I have no debt, and my taxes on the entire place are around 275 a year. (in forestry).

Heck, dues on the lots are now my most significant expense: 100 each and two large increases, currently 265 per lot.

I wanted it all cheap to keep after retirement, but I didn't want to be taxed.

I can combine the two lots, making it one, then dues down to 265.

I have been considering it.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

7. Top Of Page | #65

User Info Menu

Wow!

20 acres for $37,500?

Dang, around where I live, you can’t even get a 100’x 100’ lot for 37,500, LOL.

8. Thanks toyota_mdt_tech, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #66

User Info Menu

OK, a pal who did my design flipped the colors, which I like a lot, and will make me an 8-foot sign for my gate out of thick gauge sheet metal, be 8 feet long.

He photoshopped it onto my gate.

Now add some patina (rust), and it will be golden.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Top Of Page | #67

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, a pal who did my design flipped the colors, which I like a lot, and will make me an 8-foot sign for my gate out of thick gauge sheet metal, be 8 feet long.

He photoshopped it onto my gate.

Now add some patina (rust), and it will be golden.

I like that a lot!

11. Top Of Page | #68

User Info Menu

It's going to look great once it's in place, bud!

You got an excellent deal for the price of the acreage.

For 20 acres here, it's lefty and righty, with your entire 401k investment, with A dash of 2nd mortgage with 150k after-tax income history sprinkled on top.

The Boons Burrough days are all over now, LOL.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

12. Top Of Page | #69

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    You got an excellent deal for the price of the acreage.
    I bought the front 20 in 2005 and closed it in March; we looked at it in December 2004.

Then, my neighbor east of me wanted to sell, so in 2014, I was an owner.

He sold it for the same price he paid in 1999, $37,500, so I bought it.

I told the wife, we have to.

I paid around $1700 per acre; now, 20 acres go for more like 60K, now if it's timberland.

13. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #70

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post

Due to distance, I expect they couldn't make it from the main to your transformer on a single cable run, so they installed the cabinet as a tie point between the 2 runs or a splice enclosure to protect the splice due to the rocky soil.

OK, they called it a junction; I just emailed them, and if there is ever a break in my underground line, they can pull a new wire from my transformer to this junction without excavating.

It's 14.4/24.9 volts primary.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast