Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  22

Thread: Free Dyno Time - So Why Not!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Free Dyno Time - So Why Not!

I'm pretty sure there's a rule somewhere where you have to have a list of caveats and excuses when you get on a Dyno, so here they are:

Mustang Dyno: The Dyno owner did not want to load hard for fear of burning belts, and on a 38-inch tire, it was hot, so the AC was running.

All jokes aside, I didn't care what it made; I was just curious to see the numbers.

I don't think he scaled the rpm appropriately, as we did 1500-3000 pulls.

They brought out a mobile Dyno to a small local car show and were able to get on it for free, so we thought, why not.

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

2. Top Of Page | #2
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: Free Dyno Time - So Why Not!

That’s what I’d expect a Mustang dyno to read on a stock fuel truck.

Mustang dynos read a little low, and dynos generally are tough on diesels.

Really have to have a good operator and driver for dynoing diesels and have them read accurately.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I told the operator I expected it to touch 450, maybe, but probably somewhere between 425 and 450, and that's where we were.

All good no complaints on my end.

Dyno is owned and operated as a retirement gig, so they aren't the best in the business.

If I had been shooting for numbers, I wouldn't have used them.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

My peak EGT was 1081, and I was cool in the AC, so I can't complain about either.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post