Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  15

Thread: Diagnostic Tool For 4th Gen RAM SAS?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Diagnostic Tool For 4th Gen RAM SAS?

Hey you guys, I've got a 2012 3500 CCSB that I replaced the intermediate shaft in, then the clockspring as a result of me turning the wheel while replacing the shaft.

The Steering Angle Sensor (SAS) is now reading around 520 degrees.

I could take it all apart and manually do iterations of rotating the SAS gears, but I'm in and out of the steering somewhat often, so it'd be nice to be able to relearn the SAS and clear associated codes.

So I bought an Autel MP808BT.

It turns out it considers the 3500 a heavy-duty vehicle and can't do most of the "special functions" it advertises, including SAS relearn.

I researched Foxwell, Bluedriver, Auto Ingenuity, Innova, etc., and everyone said their tools can't perform that on a Ram 3500.

I just emailed Vident regarding their iLink400 and am about to ask repairmanuals.com about their RAM Tool.

Do you know a tool that can perform SAS relearn on our vehicles?

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, CCSB, 4x4 SRW, G56, Raceme Ultra w/DRD Tuning
    Air / Exhaust: S&B Air Intake, Banks Boost Tubes, Banks Monster Ram 4", Fleece Grid Heater Delete, EGR Delete, 5" TBE w/ muffler
    Engine / Transmission: ARP 625+, SB DD clutch, City Diesel Turbo Actuator
    Suspension / Wheels: Leveled (some cheapo kit from previous owner), 35" Mickey Thompson Baja EXP's
    Noteworthy replacements: Rancho Steering Damper, Timken hubs/bearings, Rare Parts track bar bushings, Glacier Diesel standpipe adapter, Borgeson intermediate shaft

2. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Diagnostic Tool For 4th Gen RAM SAS?

I thought AlfaOBD, but I checked the latest software, and SAS relearn is not supported.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

That's too bad; I was hoping AlfaOBD had it and was looking into it.

Vident hasn't responded to me.

I'm somewhat tempted to buy it to see if it can since it lists the 3500 on their website as SAS reset-capable vehicle.

Although, I'm not holding my breath.

What do you guys think?

Repairmanuals.com seems to be a scam website based on reviews, so I've given up.

It's surprising to me that no tools can do this on a common vehicle.

2012 Ram 3500 Laramie, CCSB, 4x4 SRW, G56, Raceme Ultra w/DRD Tuning
    Air / Exhaust: S&B Air Intake, Banks Boost Tubes, Banks Monster Ram 4", Fleece Grid Heater Delete, EGR Delete, 5" TBE w/ muffler
    Engine / Transmission: ARP 625+, SB DD clutch, City Diesel Turbo Actuator
    Suspension / Wheels: Leveled (some cheapo kit from previous owner), 35" Mickey Thompson Baja EXP's
    Noteworthy replacements: Rancho Steering Damper, Timken hubs/bearings, Rare Parts track bar bushings, Glacier Diesel standpipe adapter, Borgeson intermediate shaft

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Char-lay_on_your_six View Post
    That's too bad; I was hoping AlfaOBD had it and was looking into it.

Vident hasn't responded to me.

I'm somewhat tempted to buy it to see if it can since it lists the 3500 on their website as SAS reset-capable vehicle.

Although, I'm not holding my breath.

What do you guys think?

Repairmanuals.com seems to be a scam website based on reviews, so I've given up.

It's surprising that no tools can do this on a common vehicle.
    It may be worth the gamble.

On the Vident Store website, they offer a 30-day refund or exchange.

Please keep us posted.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

7. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post