Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  38
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Single To Compound Thoughts

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Single To Compound Thoughts

I don't have anything to tow for now.

One thing I don't want for a DD is smoking too much until the charger lights up.

I know this can be tuned down, say level 3 or 4, and let it do what it wants for fuel on 5 & 6.

This was one contributing factor I thought compounds; you get both worlds on the low and top end.

A 10M can handle 700s to 800s, but I might lean toward a 12M to go bigger on the charger down the road.

I don't mind the double fuel setup; it's another piece to go out potentially.

It splits the fuel load, which should double the life expectancy of the pumps.

I want to have a rig that, when someone jumps in, they can't believe the power out of a diesel.

I can get the gears to bring its natural peppiness back and relieve the strain for the trans.

We have a few yuppy guys a town away that do have much work done but are Fords.

It would be nice to show what the Cummins can prove with half the price.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Single To Compound Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    I don't have anything to tow for now.

One thing I don't want for a DD is smoking too much until the charger lights up.

I know this can be tuned down, say level 3 or 4, and let it do what it wants for fuel on 5 & 6.

This was one contributing factor I thought compounds; you get both worlds on the low and top end.

A 10M can handle 700s to 800s, but I might lean toward a 12M to go bigger on the charger down the road.

I don't mind the double fuel setup; it's another piece to go out potentially.

It splits the fuel load, which should double the life expectancy of the pumps.

I want to have a rig that, when someone jumps in, they can't believe the power out of a diesel.

I can get the gears to bring its natural peppiness back and relieve the strain for the trans.

We have a few yuppy guys a town away that do have much work done but are Fords.

It would be nice to show what the Cummins can prove with half the price.
    I have to get aggressive on the throttle at low RPM to make mine smoke.

Driving around normally, it's always clean.

Like Chris said, some fuel and an S467 is definitely more than most people would ever want, especially on the street.

4. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12