Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  38
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single To Compound Thoughts

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Single To Compound Thoughts

I have reviewed several threads, pages, and research over the past week.

I'll be the first to admit that I am unfamiliar with the setups and power possibilities, hints as to why I am asking for some knowledge.

The whole buy once has been my theory, but I have yet to understand the jargon, LOL.

From the outside looking in, I see twice the amount of money for parts, which creates twice the amount of power/power band.

After we seek mods that require revisions from the doc, we get the thrill of feeling what is capable of the motor; for me, it's my addiction.

It leaves me to sit on my chair and tally up what build I can create and cry on the total cost...

From DDP S464\S480 kit (claiming, I believe, up to 1050hp)

Swap out to 625's from 425's

12M exergy CP3.

BBI Stage 3 injectors.

D&J X beam rods. (I'm not sure about the stock length vs. the other.)

D&J stage 1 or 2 head (comes fully assembled with goodies I added)

It's North of 21k without labor.

From the current setup to this possibility, there should be a screaming difference.

From a targeted power goal of 700 to 1,000hp, I know the LP for the 68 will need to jump up; I will probably toss a Sonax drum in and Revmax VB.

I'm curious if this concoction is way overthought or if I can hit those goals with money to be saved.

The build wouldn't start until December or Jan.

This is why I'm gathering information now to decipher which direction to go.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

2. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Single To Compound Thoughts

A single S468 and some bigger injectors would easily get you to the low side of your power goal without changing anything else.

If you still want to turn it up from there, you could keep the S468 on the manifold, add the S480, and do all the other work you mentioned.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    Permanent Vacation Chrisn162001's Avatar

User Info Menu

I wouldn’t even think about a Sonnax drum north of 700 hp.

For anything over 900 hp, you need the 12xr setup from Revmax.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

I like wagler street fighter rods over the x beams, a lot cheaper and rated to 1500hp.

Plenty of guys on stock cylinder heads at or slightly under 1000hp with upgraded springs and pushrods of course.

I wouldn’t upgrade a head unless it was needed due to cracks or upgrading to a ported head with the intake shelf cut off for a side draft intake. Yes you can put bigger valves but you are still limited to port size.

Id also talk to someone at s&s or ddp injectors over the bbis for over 1000 hp. I personally think ddp makes the best injector for anything over 200%

I’m working towards compounds on my truck once I have time and a good excuse to pull the motor for rods and a girdle I’m planning on s467 s485 side by side kit with 250% over injectors.

8. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

My only concern is the 700 mark, I would feel comfortable with reassuring upgraded rods will take the abuse.

The compounds put a hell of a torque strain on the rods, given fuel upgrades and twice the air compressing.

I have been a diehard single person for years, just thinking of a change in a build for once.

I was eye balling a few North River boats, but it would get more use of the money in the truck.

As far as the locations, what are the differences on the over and under vs side by side.

Greg A threw a side by side I believe on his dually with having to modify a few things to fit?

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

10. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    My only concern is the 700 mark, I would feel comfortable with reassuring upgraded rods will take the abuse.

The compounds put a hell of a torque strain on the rods, given fuel upgrades and twice the air compressing.

I have been a diehard single person for years, just thinking of a change in a build for once.

I was eye balling a few North River boats, but it would get more use of the money in the truck.

As far as the locations, what are the differences on the over and under vs side by side.

Greg A threw a side by side I believe on his dually with having to modify a few things to fit?
    I haven’t seen Greg a’s haven’t been keeping up with the YouTube guy as much. But yes have to get rid of the second battery. I did that awhile back and got one good battery.

For 700hp I’d save the money and stay with a s467 with added fuel. Get a stock stall triple disc torque converter maybe some gears if you are on bigger tires and it will spool quick and be fun to drive.

12. Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chrisn162001 View Post
    I haven’t seen Greg a’s haven’t been keeping up with the YouTube guy as much. But yes have to get rid of the second battery. I did that awhile back and got one good battery.

For 700hp I’d save the money and stay with a s467 with added fuel. Get a stock stall triple disc torque converter maybe some gears if you are on bigger tires and it will spool quick and be fun to drive.

I got the goodies and triple converter.

Still on stock 3.73's, thought of going 4.11's, probably nitro.

I haven't been a 467 with heavy fueling, assuming it'll pin you back a little.

10M CP3 and a solid set of injectors with push rods & springs is what I would need.

Around 8k for new everything

Exergy, S&S, Hamilton's, revision

Its 60% cheaper than the compounds.

14. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Knowing the additional strain on the internals would keep me from going compounds...really just depends on how much you wanna spend....if you don't care then hell snag up a wagler street fighter block and some huge injectors with turbos of choice and go with it....are you just chasing HP goals or do you tow with it?

21 2500 6.7 4x4 MC....Thuren Coils - Thuren Front & Rear TB's-Thuren FSB- Fox 2.0 Shocks - Amsoil Bypass - Fleece Coolant Bypass - S&B Intake - Banks Diff Cover - Ram Horn and Grid Heater Delete - BMP Fuel Filter Conversion - ARP 625's - Wagler Cam/Solid Lifter Conversion - Hardened Valve Seats - Billet Freeze Plugs - Manton Pushrods - DRD Tuned - Fuel 18 x 9 +1 Beast Wheels - Nitto Recon Graps - Power Stop Z36 Brakes - KLM Braided Brake Lines - Revmax Zero Flex VB and Deep Pan - ATS TB Delete - Baja Designs Fog Lights - Airlift 7500 Bags - Daystar Cradles - Dynatrac Ball Joints - Synergy DL/TR - 4.10's -

16. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    I got the goodies and triple converter.

Still on stock 3.73's, thought of going 4.11's, probably nitro.

I haven't been a 467 with heavy fueling, assuming it'll pin you back a little.

10M CP3 and a solid set of injectors with push rods & springs is what I would need.

Around 8k for new everything

Exergy, S&S, Hamilton's, revision

Its 60% cheaper than the compounds.
    If you spend a little bit more now going big on the fuel you wont have to worry about doing it over again in the future, if you do decide to go with a big 1,000HP set up.

I'd go at least a 12MM CP3 and 100% overs.

I made that mistake as you can see in my sig.

18. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  19. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BuckMeister View Post
    If you spend a little bit more now going big on the fuel you wont have to worry about doing it over again in the future, if you do decide to go with a big 1,000HP set up.

I'd go at least a 12MM CP3 and 100% overs.

I made that mistake as you can see in my sig.
    Completely agree except I’d go atleast 150% really 200% if tuner can work with them. You’ll want 200% to break the 1000hp barrier.

If I do go compounds I’m looking at 250s maybe even 300s but at that point I’ll be shooting for 1300-1600hp kinda depends if I ever finish my race truck or if I end up selling it.

If I do keep it ill stay big single and go s476 with 200s and stay right under 1k hp.

Right now I’m happy with my 467 and 100%s and dual pumps. It will break tires loose almost anytime I want them too and has more power than any normal person should want.

20. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast