Thanks Thanks:  13
Likes Likes:  37

Thread: Push Button Start?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Push Button Start?

Living in a northern climate, I've been curious: with you fellers and your fancy push button starts, how do the glow plugs warm up before turning over?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Push Button Start?

Quote Originally Posted by BubbaJo View Post
    Living in a northern climate, I've been curious: With you, fellers, and your fancy push button starts, how do the glow plugs warm up before turning over?
    Yes.

The truck won't turn over with the grid heater active.

Once the light goes out, it turns over.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Do you all have to sit in the truck with your foot on the brake pedal until it starts, too?

Or do you press the brake, hit the button, leave the fob in the truck, jump out, and start removing snow/ice, and it starts on its own?

2012 2500 SLT - 35's, 5% Tint, Custom Katzkin Leather Interior, NOCO Plug adapter for Block Heater, DRD Weight Loss Program, 4" turbo back exhaust, 20" Rough Country Single Row LED Light Bar, EZ-Lift tailgate, 2 Car Seats, cracker crumbs, and 3 year old french fries

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You press the brake and push the button.

The truck will tell you "preheat in progress" or something like that.

Once the glow plugs go out, it will turn over...

Also, you can push the button a second time while it is heating, and it will just start to crank regardless of whether the grid heater is warmed up.

It's something sort of like that on my 16, at least.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Do you all have to sit in the truck with your foot on the brake pedal until it starts, too?

Or do you press the brake, hit the button, leave the fob in the truck, jump out, and start removing snow/ice, and it starts on its own?
    That I have never tried.

I always remote-start mine when it's cold out.

2015 Ram 3500 CCSB SRW 4x4 G56
    2020 Ram 2500 CCSB 4x4 68RFE

Never ending project. Always adding something...

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I am thinking, if I remember correctly, you can press start a second time to bypass the pre-heat cycle.

I always use my remote to start from inside the house 3-5 minutes before heading outside during the winter months.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

12. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I am thinking, if I remember correctly, you can press start a second time to bypass the pre-heat cycle.

I always use my remote to start from inside the house 3-5 minutes before heading outside during the winter months.
    My remote start is kicking the teenager out of bed to start it while I drink my coffee or running outside really quick, starting it, and running back inside to debate whether going to work is worth it that morning.

LOL

14. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

My remote start is kicking the teenager out of bed to start it while I drink my coffee or running outside really quick, starting it, and running back inside to debate whether going to work is worth it that morning.

LOL
    No batteries required, LOL.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post