Thanks Thanks:  44
Likes Likes:  95
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Extra Gauges - Which Ones?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Extra Gauges - Which Ones?

OK, I do want to watch EGTs, so that is a must; I am looking to add a few; what would be another good one, lift pump pressure or turbo boost pressure?

My truck is all stock, including the tune.

I do have the MADS Smarty Jr, and after installing "economy" and feeling the response, I still had the stock clutch.

I took it back out, but now I have a Southbend clutch.

I want them A-pillar mounted, so I need to find one in the right color (pebble beige). Banks (like Banks stuff) show an I-dash, maybe more than one item in one gauge?

Give me input; also, what order would you prioritize?

I'm sure it will be number 1.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Personally, in my 01 3500, I monitor EGT, fuel pressure, oil temp, and turbo boost.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

I would suggest something like the I-dash, where you can choose the items that you want to monitor and can monitor several items at the same time.

With the “Data Monster,” you can also data log multiple PIDs simultaneously and graph them.

You will have the flexibility to choose what to monitor daily and also have the option to select other PIDs and add on other sensors as desired or when troubleshooting specific issues.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

5. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

OK, I narrowed it down to an Autometer or Banks I dash.

Autometer makes meter faces for just 4th Gen RAMS, identical meter faces.

I like that; it looks factory, but I like the I dash unit too.

Cost is comparable.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Re: Extra Gauges - Which Ones?

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    OK, I narrowed it down to an Autometer or Banks I dash.

Autometer makes meter faces for just 4th Gen RAMS, identical meter faces.

I like that; it looks factory, but I like the I dash unit too.

Cost is comparable.
    I am not a Banks guy, but I am impressed with the functionality and flexibility of the Super Gauge and Data Monster.

https://bankspower.com/products/bank...ge-datamonster

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

OK, doing the I-Dash gauge, just like it, one unit can do it all.

OK, how does it see EGT?

I see there is a probe.

Is there an interface the probe plugs into, and then the data is sent to the Idash?

It's on its way; I will deal with EGTs later and determine what is needed.

In the meantime, get it set up and operational.

9. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

OK, doing the I-Dash gauge, just like it, one unit can do it all.

OK, how does it see EGT?

I see there is a probe.

Is there an interface the probe plugs into, and then the data is sent to the Idash?

It's on its way; I will deal with EGTs later and determine what is needed.

In the meantime, get it set up and operational.
    See attached PDF file page#10 from the Bank's website.

You would need to purchase the probe, module, and cable.

The probe will be plugged into the module plugged into the gauge.

The modules can be stacked and daisy-chained into more than one gage.

https://official.bankspower.com/tech...how-do-i-know/

Edit: I also found this video on YouTube about the sensors and modules.

Attached Files Attached Files

11. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Thanks, AK Bob; it looks like the Idash was the cheapest part.

This is going to get spendy, I see.

OK, I understand it a bit better.

I do need the cable and probably the 4-channel analog module, plus the EGT probe.

It's neat how those modules can stack, too.

Probably do an A-pillar pod mount; see, Banks sells a single pod mount in my pebble beige color.

Keep that factory look.

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

Well, I can see this will easily be $800, maybe a smidge north of that if I add a 4-channel analog module, which I will for the EGT, and might find three more things like air density, etc.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Well, I can see this will easily be $800, maybe a smidge north of that if I add a 4-channel analog module, which I will for the EGT, and might find three more things like air density, etc.
    I agree that the initial investment is expensive, but it will allow you access to many different gages and data logging all in one place.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast