Thanks Thanks:  122
Likes Likes:  224
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Heater Slow?

1. Top Of Page | #51

User Info Menu

Re: Heater Slow?

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    Any suggestions for where I should start to look for actuators?

Or any clue based on the trouble?

There isn't much airflow out of any of the vents.

Does that point to a specific actuator location-wise?

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you I got called into work.
    Here is a link to blend door actuators.
    https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-604-00...=2016+Ram+2500

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

2. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #52

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timshooter40 View Post
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you I got called into work.
    Here is a link to blend door actuators.
    https://www.amazon.com/Dorman-604-00...=2016+Ram+2500
    Good, that's exactly what I bought last night LOL - I am going to take apart the middle console and check out the two actuators behind the climate control area. Hoping it's one of those, and I don't know the full route of the air vents, so not sure which to start with.

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #53

User Info Menu

I had to go back and read all your posts to see what you have done. Replacing the condenser after seeing how it looked would be on the top of my list. I would pull the dash and replace the heater core . They are cheep. $97.00 at Napa for heater core and 2 cans of R 134 AC refrigerant 10hrs later all working. Check all HVAC actuators to make sure working,check each actuator individually with jumper wires and 9 volt battery ( remember which direction they were in and put back in same direction before moving on to next ) I believe you have 5 total. Replace if needed. I would also check the blend door arm to make sure it is not broke and moving freely. Here is a diagram to hopefully help
    Screenshot_20220115-101447_Chrome.jpg

2016 Ram 2500 CCSB 4X4 ,Cat fuel filter delete with water seperator. Thuren suspension
    with Fox IFP shocks, thuren sway bar, rear track bar and front track bar, Warn 12k winch , custom winch mount, REVMAX trans pan,HD valve body and thermal bypas. Leer truck topper,Exotic head studs, Engine enhancements by the cummins whisper.

6. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #54

User Info Menu

Just trying to narrow things down.. Before you did anything did you check HVAC fuses to make sure you did not have any blown??
    Also can you hear your actuators working and feel air movement when turning nobs back and forth?? If you hear clicking noise then it will most definitely be a actuator.

8. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #55

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by timshooter40 View Post
    Just trying to narrow things down.. Before you did anything did you check HVAC fuses to make sure you did not have any blown??
    Also can you hear your actuators working and feel air movement when turning nobs back and forth?? If you hear clicking noise then it will most definitely be a actuator.
    I have not checked any fuses.

I can feel air coming out both on the heat and the cool setting, it's just not a very strong breeze at all, And I'm not being nitpicky about the strength, it's barely coming out at full blast.

The only actuator that I have physically checked is the one behind the glove box and that moves its full range from heat to cold.

10. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #56

User Info Menu

I checked fuses F49, F84 and F99 (anything that said HVAC) and all are not blown.

12. Top Of Page | #57

User Info Menu

The next logical step would be to pull the dash.

I have pulled mine a few times unfortunately but it is not hard to do it is just a big pain in the a$$

Once you have total access to all actuators you can check each one individually and check the blend door to make sure the arm on it is not broke or come out of socket.

I don't have pics unfortunately but I pulled my whole HVAC out and put on my table and replaced 2 actuators and pulled the heator core and put new one in.

It will now heat you out in the winter and freeze you out in the summer.

When all working properly you should be able to feel the air come out of your top vents facing driver and passenger pretty well and when blowing heat you should have good air flow from defrost and blowing on passenger side bottom vent the drivers side vent at least in my truck comes out OK but not like passenger side.

Which would make sense because because the blower is on that side.

The engineers got it right for once because most of the time that is where the wife sits and if she is cold it's not a fun trip.

Also you can check all your ducting and make sure none have pulled apart and are where they are supposed to be.

Last edited by timshooter40; 1 Week Ago at 03:20 PM.

13. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  14. Top Of Page | #58

User Info Menu

Agree with the next step advice from @timshooter40.

One question before you begin.

When you manually increase the blower speed with the selector switch, does the sound of the blower get louder?

Just want to make sure blower is being controlled to high speed and not stuck in low.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

15. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #59

User Info Menu

This was the answer almost three months ago, and it's still the answer now.

I was looking at that picture, and you found your problem.

The airflow through that evaporator is significantly restricted.

Your heater core probably looks about the same.

I know you don't want to do it, but if you want your HVAC system to work as it should, you will have to pull the dash and remove and clean your evaporator and heater core.

If it were me and I had the dash out, I would install a new heater core and evaporator core while I had access.

They are not that expensive compared to the labor required to access them.

Anything else is a waste of your time.

I've been a full-time mechanic for over 20 years.

I've seen lots of evaporators that look just like that.

When you're done, put the aftermarket air filter back in there, and this will probably never happen again.

Replace the air filter every 20k miles or so.

17. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #60

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Aj Grubb View Post
    This was the answer almost three months ago, and it's still the answer now.

I was looking at that picture, and you found your problem.

The airflow through that evaporator is significantly restricted.

Your heater core probably looks about the same.

I know you don't want to do it, but if you want your HVAC system to work as it should, you will have to pull the dash and remove and clean your evaporator and heater core.

If it were me and I had the dash out, I would install a new heater core and evaporator core while I had access.

They are not that expensive compared to the labor required to access them.

Anything else is a waste of your time.

I've been a full-time mechanic for over 20 years.

I've seen lots of evaporators that look just like that.

When you're done, put the aftermarket air filter back in there, and this will probably never happen again.

Replace the air filter every 20k miles or so.
    Agree 100%!

It's what we have said months ago.

Replace the heater core and evaporator.

Plus, to be on the safe side, it probably wouldn't hurt to change out the blend door actuators while everything is apart.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

19. Thanks AK Bob, sootmaster, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, sootmaster, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456