Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: 2019 RAM 2500 - Fleece Fuel Filter Delete?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2019 RAM 2500 - Fleece Fuel Filter Delete?

Hello all, I began installing my Fleece Fuel Filter Delete kit on my truck; I've reviewed the instructions numerous times, and I guess I'm confused.

I see where to mount it and put the lines on from the "mount," but there are still two fuel lines that come off the actual filter housing, and I see no instruction on what to do with them.

Has anyone done this before?

I can add pictures later if needed.

I need to finish the truck today.

If anyone has some input, I would appreciate it.

Thanks!

I'll post the link to the instructions for the kit as well.

FPE-2021-55_FPE-FFD-RO-5G.pdf (fleece performance. com)

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

2019 RAM 2500 - Fleece Fuel Filter Delete?

So, I have discovered after watching some YouTube videos that it technically is to be used with something like a FASS fuel system.

I have the rear fuel filter CAT conversion, which is my reasoning.

So I have now learned that you need to build a new supply line i believe it is for the CP3 pump—or "updated" CP4.

For anyone looking to do this mod, the HPFP has a fitting size of 1/2", and the lower side on the driver side of the frame is 3/8".

I was going to bank on 4th gens being the same size, but luckily, I checked for myself.

I plan on reinstalling the housing for now as I can't find all the parts local to build the line and don't want my truck down.

The other thing will be whether i run a 1/2" line or a 3/8" line; I am not sure it matters based on one side being 1/2" from the housing to the pump and the other end being 3/8" to the fuel line connection on the frame.

Hopefully, someone finds this helpful info, as Fleece does NOT mention this regarding installation.