Thanks Thanks:  25
Likes Likes:  58
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turbo Suggestions?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Turbo Suggestions?

Have you looked at stainless diesel turbos? I know one of the guys that works there...they make some seriously nice turbos and manifolds.....I'm waiting on the 5th gen manifolds release before I get my upgraded turbo....

21 2500 6.7 4x4 MC....Thuren Coils - Thuren Front & Rear TB's-Thuren FSB- Fox 2.0 Shocks - Amsoil Bypass - Fleece Coolant Bypass - S&B Intake - Banks Diff Cover - Ram Horn and Grid Heater Delete - BMP Fuel Filter Conversion - ARP 625's - Wagler Cam/Solid Lifter Conversion - Hardened Valve Seats - Billet Freeze Plugs - Manton Pushrods - DRD Tuned - Fuel 18 x 9 +1 Beast Wheels - Nitto Recon Graps - Power Stop Z36 Brakes - KLM Braided Brake Lines - Revmax Zero Flex VB and Deep Pan - ATS TB Delete - Baja Designs Fog Lights - Airlift 7500 Bags - Daystar Cradles - Dynatrac Ball Joints - Synergy DL/TR - 4.10's -

2. Thanks Rdchan98 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, Rdchan98 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by IndyRamMega View Post
    Have you looked at stainless diesel turbos? I know one of the guys that works there...they make some seriously nice turbos and manifolds.....I'm waiting on the 5th gen manifolds release before I get my upgraded turbo....
    id love to have one of their manifolds and a 2g swap, but they’re way out of my budget at the moment, I’ve bought all fueling upgrades over the weekend, and have cash in hand waiting on the transmission, but after custom tuning my budget for a VGT that I won’t overspool is under 2k, that budget may go up later but I’m cutting it pretty close at the moment.

2013 2500 tradesman ccsb leveled 35’s 20x10 Tis 544’s 167k miles Raceme ultra with custom tuning, gutted factory intake, stainless intake ram, grid heater delete, exotic head studs, ddp 90hp injectors, II CP3, bmp 150gph lift pump,stock air, 5” turbo back with 8” tip, custom rear bumper, trifold bed cover, bd separator plate and sonnex shift kit in trans

4. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

So I still haven't bought a turbo, spending my funds on other toys, but Dad's 08 dually is having VGT issues now; I am debating putting a drop-in S300 in mine and my turbo on his truck since I'm the one who drives it anymore.

What would be a good size T4i or 3rd Gen swap turbo setup for my 90HP sticks?

I am still rocking the stock trans, but I have quit pulling trailers with it completely until I can build a transmission.

I need one of them capable of pulling a heavy load, and my truck needs more air anyway.

I hate to lose my EB, but I'm trying to stay under or around $1500.00 if possible.

If I decide I can do it daily without an EB and VGT, maybe I'll do a 2nd Gen swap later.

2013 2500 tradesman ccsb leveled 35’s 20x10 Tis 544’s 167k miles Raceme ultra with custom tuning, gutted factory intake, stainless intake ram, grid heater delete, exotic head studs, ddp 90hp injectors, II CP3, bmp 150gph lift pump,stock air, 5” turbo back with 8” tip, custom rear bumper, trifold bed cover, bd separator plate and sonnex shift kit in trans

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rdchan98 View Post
    So I still haven't bought a turbo, spending my funds on other toys, but Dad's 08 dually is having VGT issues now; I am debating putting a drop-in S300 in mine and my turbo on his truck since I'm the one who drives it anymore.

What would be a good size T4i or 3rd Gen swap turbo setup for my 90HP sticks?

I am still rocking the stock trans, but I have quit pulling trailers with it completely until I can build a transmission.

I need one of them capable of pulling a heavy load, and my truck needs more air anyway.

I hate to lose my EB, but I'm trying to stay under or around $1500.00 if possible.

If I decide I can do it daily without an EB and VGT, maybe I'll do a 2nd Gen swap later.
    Whatever you decide to do, stay away from Smeding turbos.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...ruly-Are-SH*T!

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Noted; anyone tries bumps T4I?

I run his lift pump and had a question about pressure ports.

He seems like a good guy, and his lift pump has been 5 stars so far.

9. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

I couldn't be happier with my S467.7 5 blades from stainless diesel.

You can hear the turbo whistle like crazy.

Like stated earlier be very careful with Smeding diesel I had nothing but serious issues with them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12