Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: Bad ECM?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Bad ECM?

So, to start.

I rebuilt the head after driving for one week, and this started happening.

Cluster lights pulse, AC cluster flashes, and truck lopes are sequenced with the pulse.

When I use the window switches, it speeds up and intensifies the pulses.

So, the passenger battery was removed simply because the truck was just a race truck.

1st new battery stamped 2/23, same result.

2nd new battery stamped 4/23, same result.

Both batteries were sitting on a charger fully charged, good batteries.

They replaced terminals with fresh ones to ensure no cracking in the lead.

0 gauge true copper cable from alternator to battery.

0 gauge to TIPM.

0 gauge to chassis.

Brand new Mechman 240amp alternator, same result.

Is there a way to test the ecm without sending it out?

No codes, nothing.

I am using a pretty nice Launch Scan tool.

EFI Tuned Full Fueling, Exergy 12mm stroker CP3, Evilfab kit, S474 Turbo, BBi Stage 1.5, Pusher Big Mani, G&R billet grid delete, Fire Ringd Head, port & polished, 110 springs, 625+ studs, fleece coolant bypass, hamilton push rods, Banks Intercooler, Big Charge pipes, Fleece filter delete, 165 AirDog, beans sump, 4” stainless straight pipe, Custom aluminum 5” Driveshaft, Custom 5” Intake, CCV Deleted, Hytec covers, 68RFE aftermarket Vb/tc, Arb air locking front diff, 33x13.50x20MTs

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Bad ECM?

I recommend monitoring the CAN signal at the DLC with an oscilloscope on pins 6 & 14.

This way, you can see if the signals look okay and if there are any glitches.

If the CAN signal is glitching, disconnect the star connectors one at a time to isolate the issue.

Regarding testing the ECM without sending it out, the only checks you can perform are verifying all the powers and grounds at the ECM.

I would start with the CAN signal monitoring first, attached are a couple of videos that will explain process in more detail.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Bad ECM?

Thank you!

Can you send me those links through Messenger?

It's not showing me the links on here for some reason.

EFI Tuned Full Fueling, Exergy 12mm stroker CP3, Evilfab kit, S474 Turbo, BBi Stage 1.5, Pusher Big Mani, G&R billet grid delete, Fire Ringd Head, port & polished, 110 springs, 625+ studs, fleece coolant bypass, hamilton push rods, Banks Intercooler, Big Charge pipes, Fleece filter delete, 165 AirDog, beans sump, 4” stainless straight pipe, Custom aluminum 5” Driveshaft, Custom 5” Intake, CCV Deleted, Hytec covers, 68RFE aftermarket Vb/tc, Arb air locking front diff, 33x13.50x20MTs

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Bad ECM?

Quote Originally Posted by Cody Adams View Post
    Thank you!

Can you send me those links through Messenger?

It's not showing me the links on here for some reason.
    Video links are sent via Messenger per request.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Cody Adams thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post