Thanks Thanks:  30
Likes Likes:  52
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buzzing Consistent With Brake Pedal?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Buzzing Consistent With Brake Pedal?

By adding fluid up to just below the max line, the buzzing seems to have gone away.

There might still be general truck noises, but I think the core issue was resolved.

Thank you for pointing out the simple things to look at first so I didn't have to chase this down and start replacing things.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

2. Thanks AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgruberman View Post
    By adding fluid up to just below the max line, the buzzing seems to have gone away.

There might still be general truck noises, but I think the core issue was resolved.

Thank you for pointing out the simple things to look at first so I didn't have to chase this down and start replacing things.

Pleased to hear it was a simple fix.

It is always a good idea to check the fluid levels.

Hopefully, this will help others in the future.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Glad you figured it out.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Lately, the mornings have been colder, and I've noticed this problem more with cold than anything else, but when I'm sitting idle, I feel like and hear a buzzing with the truck, and when I am at a stoplight with my foot on the brake pedal.

I noticed I could change the tone of the buzzing based on the pressure I applied to the brake pedal.

The video is attached; I hope this is enough information to be very obvious potentially.

I also noticed that when I step on the brake pedal quickly, sometimes it makes a quick grinding sound from the pedal area, almost as if my ABS is being activated, but they aren't

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HY1qLoyRfg4bfRgA8

Power Steering fluid cap vent plugged?

My truck had a recall, plugged vent would give me a buzzing and of course, with hydro-boost power assist, its felt in the brakes.

I have the cap replaced, never did hear the noise, description was from the recall explanation. T

ry removing PS cap to remove vacuum in system, check fluid level too.

EDIT: seen it was resolved.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

8. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12