Thanks Thanks:  31
Likes Likes:  90
Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: ArchOil Fuel Additive Not Snake Oil!

1. Top Of Page | #301
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I'm betting the water made your issue worst simply by cooling and wetting the carbon making it easier to collect and build up. Which I'm sure was why it showed up as hurting your fuel mileage

2. Top Of Page | #302

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd@doublerdiesel View Post
    I'm betting the water made your issue worst simply by cooling and wetting the carbon making it easier to collect and build up. Which I'm sure was why it showed up as hurting your fuel mileage
    Didn't think of that. We used to use water to clean carbon out of gas engines. Well, the water is off. As a matter of fact, I disconnected it from the intake today. Getting ready to yank the rest out. I wonder if this water tank will work as a fuel tank. MMMMMM I already have a 10 gallon pony with a pump on it for when I tow a long way. Have come real close several times to running out. It's already mounted. Nahhhh

BTW, I edited my previous post. You may want to go back and reread it.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #303
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

It very well could be a symptom stemming from the New ulsd

4. Top Of Page | #304

User Info Menu

It very well could be a symptom stemming from the New ulsd
    This new fuel really sucks.

Well at least we'll know if the 6400 works. I may have to do this twice. I am suspecting it's that bad.

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

5. Top Of Page | #305

User Info Menu

After reading most of this I have 2 questions...

Is this stuff really better than the Stanadyne I run during the winter?
    Do we have a vendor on the forum that stocks it?

Greg
    2019 | RAM 2500 | CCSB | 6.4 HEMI

6. Likes SyN liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #306
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Power247 View Post
    After reading most of this I have 2 questions...

Is this stuff really better than the Stanadyne I run during the winter?
    Do we have a vendor on the forum that stocks it?
    When I tested it in my truck, yes it was better than the stanadyne performance formula I was running. When the shop here decided to be distributor they put out a challenge to the guys that run stanadyne to see which one their trucks like better. 5 guys tested it, 3 switched, 2 said they saw no difference.

No one on here sells it yet. Maybe here soon someone will pick it up

8. Top Of Page | #307

User Info Menu

When I tested it in my truck, yes it was better than the stanadyne performance formula I was running. When the shop here decided to be distributor they put out a challenge to the guys that run stanadyne to see which one their trucks like better. 5 guys tested it, 3 switched, 2 said they saw no difference.

No one on here sells it yet. Maybe here soon someone will pick it up
    Are you still using it every fill up or just in the winter time to combat winter fuel symptoms?

9. Top Of Page | #308
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

I use it every fill up. It's helped my mpg, dropped egts, seems to help start up, and lubricates all the fuel system components.
    I ran un treated diesel for a while as the baseline when I did my testing and hated it. The fuel around me must suck horribly LOL

10. Thanks Power247 thanked for this post
  11. Top Of Page | #309

User Info Menu

I guess its not too bad around here. I ran Stanadyne last winter which helped a bunch. I didn't see much difference with or without once we got off the winter blend. I may give this stuff a try this winter and see how it does. Thanks!!

12. Top Of Page | #310
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Which formula of stanadyne do you normally run?

Page 31 of 43 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast