Thanks Thanks:  229
Likes Likes:  436
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins To Pay Record Setting $1.675 Billion To EPA!

1. Top Of Page | #21

User Info Menu

Re: Cummins To Pay Record Setting $1.675 Billion To EPA!

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    I'd bet the flash was part of the recall.

So, if you OK'd the recall, you got the flash update, too.

Good news, you got it early.

I don't have my recall on steering done yet; I don't want my components welded up and made nonadjustable.
    Yes, you are probably right on approving the flash, as it was a necessary part of the recall.

Exactly on the steering recall, how dumb is it to weld the nuts to keep them from coming loose?

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

2. Top Of Page | #22

User Info Menu

My concern has to do with registration.

Many states do not have emissions testing for diesel vehicles.

What they WILL do is check to see if you have open recalls.

How will this impact people registering vehicles that do not want the update?

It's an emissions recall, not a safety recall, so I am curious how it will go here in Texas.

I guess I will find out next year.

It did not seem to impact my registration last June when I did the inspection.

So that is at least some good news.

3. Top Of Page | #23

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by BrentM View Post
    Yes, you are probably right on approving the flash, as it was a necessary part of the recall.

Exactly on the steering recall, how dumb is it to weld the nuts to keep them from coming loose?
    I remember that recall.

I also remember being in Hawaii and being unable to re-register a vehicle without that being completed.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #24

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mortifera View Post
    I remember that recall.

I also remember being in Hawaii and being unable to re-register a vehicle without that being completed.
    I have registered mine a few times without issues.

If they tie recalls to registration, we will all be in trouble.

Brent
    2017 Ram 2500 Limited / 6.7 / 68RFE / BDS 8" Lift / 38 x 13.5 Trail Grapplers / 20 x 10 Hostile Wheels
    2020 Ram 2500 Tradesman / 6.7 / 68RFE
    1993 W250 LE / 5.9 12V / G360 - 5 Speed

6. Top Of Page | #25

User Info Menu

It's an emissions recall, not a safety recall, so I am curious how it will go here in Texas.

Good point.

Buy a new or reman ECU, and keep the original.

Do recall update, then reinstall the l original ECU

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

7. Top Of Page | #26

User Info Menu

We might as well face it: our government is at war with U.S. citizens and companies.

Hell, we’ll be in a hot war soon, and they’ll still be fining us for everything perceived as unjust and wanting to outlaw lead for bullets.

2021 Ram 3500 DRW, H.O., bypass oil filtration, bypass coolant filtration, S&B CAI, 4:10’s
    2wd low loc kit.
    Reacquired 2001 3500, 5.9 nv4500, dually cab and chassis, 5” straight pipe, edge juice w/attitude. Otherwise all stock…..for now.

8. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, Jwaller thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #27

User Info Menu

https://www.shannonpowelllaw.com/blo...sure-114-guide

This somehow by the act of God got shot down for being unconstitutional.

Oregon is by far dictated by the tree hugger cities, Portland, Eugene \ Corvallis, Salem.

All of which were Red but the listed cities above, and here we are with another pos Govenor.

I get extremely heated on how this new aged realm of bs all seems to be funded by our tax paying dollars and have roads that haven't been touched probably since Lincoln was around.

The whole thing about what's being taught to our kids at such a young age and to brain wash our next upcoming generation to think going from male to female vice versa is the cool and appropriate thing to do?

I know when I jump into the room that shows " MALE " to take a leak, I stand, door is open, God forbid someone gives me a weird look.

I know this is a thread for the EPA, but they follow guidelines by those who created that scumbag agency.

Not one person from that low life side will ever try to defend what our previous ancestors have fought for in trying to keep America the leading Country on the globe.

This next year will seriously be a time to never forget.

Even followers from the dark side are realizing what their vote for bidden have created our Country to crumble into dirt.

Bidden has to have things letter to letter read to him to give speeches and still miserably fails.

Last edited by Corkey; 12-26-2023 at 12:43 AM. Reason: Grammer
    II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

10. Top Of Page | #28

User Info Menu

I did mine a week ago, so it's still all good.

Thankfully, till 2025, there will be no more inspections.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Deo Vindice

11. Top Of Page | #29

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cbigclarke View Post
    I did mine a week ago, so it's still all good.

Thankfully, till 2025, there will be no more inspections.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    I was certified in my state to do emission repairs, but I had to attend night classes, etc., plus tests to keep up.

We dropped all tests about five years ago.

All they need to do now is read the codes via the OBDII system and ensure all readiness tests are complete, with no current or pending codes, which means you are golden.

You can hide failed emissions with the new OBDII system, so there is no reason.

I guess a tailpipe could not be used for an audit, but unless you have a union-run emission deal via the state, it may be hard to shake the test.

We do not do inspections for roadworthiness here either.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

12. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, Jwaller thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #30

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    I was certified in my state to do emission repairs, but I had to attend night classes, etc., plus tests to keep up.

We dropped all tests about five years ago.

All they need to do now is read the codes via the OBDII system and ensure all readiness tests are complete, with no current or pending codes, which means you are golden.

You can hide failed emissions with the new OBDII system, so there is no reason.

I guess a tailpipe could not be used for an audit, but unless you have a union-run emission deal via the state, it may be hard to shake the test.

We do not do inspections for roadworthiness here either.
    Texas is just a safety check on diesels.

They stick nothing anywhere.

As mentioned, if they try to tie it to registration, our goose is cooked.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Deo Vindice

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast