Thanks Thanks:  229
Likes Likes:  436
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins To Pay Record Setting $1.675 Billion To EPA!

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Cummins To Pay Record Setting $1.675 Billion To EPA!

Well, boys and girls, this is getting crazy!

The EPA needs to be stopped, and we hope the TRUMP train runs them over, but the days of having a truck without the trash costing you thousands of dollars like electric cars is going to be a thing of the past!!

Hold onto your truck!!!

God bless,
    igotacummins

---

WASHINGTON, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Truck engine maker Cummins Inc (CMI.N) has agreed in principle to pay a $1.675 billion fine for installing devices on hundreds of thousands of engines to allow them to emit excess pollution, the largest-ever civil penalty for a Clean Air Act violation, the U.S. Justice Department said on Friday.

The Department said Cummins allegedly installed so-called "defeat devices" to bypass or disable emissions controls such as emission sensors and onboard computers.

The department said Cummins used defeat devices on 630,000 2013 to 2019 RAM 2500 and 3500 pickup truck engines and undisclosed auxiliary emission control devices on 330,000 2019 to 2023 RAM 2500 and 3500 pickup truck engines to cheat emissions control requirements.

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said "preliminary estimates suggest that defeat devices on some Cummins engines have caused them to produce thousands of tons of excess emissions of nitrogen oxides." It is the second largest environmental penalty deal ever reached, the department said.

EPA Administrator Michael Regan said "vulnerable communities are more likely to reside near highways where these harmful emissions are concentrated, making this agreement critical to advancing our environmental justice agenda."

Cummins (CMI.N) said it expects to take a nearly $2.04 billion charge in the fourth quarter to resolve regulatory claims relating to nearly one million engines from the Justice Department and California Air Resources Board.

"The company has seen no evidence that anyone acted in bad faith and does not admit wrongdoing," Cummins said in a statement.

The formal settlement, which will need court approval, will be made public as early as next month.

RAM-owner Stellantis (STLAM.MI) declined to comment. The 960,000 vehicles have been recalled and the emissions control software will be updated, Cummins said, which previously took a $59 million charge for emissions recalls.

Cummins first announced in April 2019 it was internally reviewing its emissions certification process and compliance.

Cummins previously said U.S. regulators were scrutinizing Nissan (7201.T) Titan trucks from the 2016 to 2019 model years and that it was developing a new software calibration and hardware fix and would recall the trucks.

Cummins previously took $59 million in charges to address the costs of the RAM and Titan recalls. Nissan did not immediately comment Friday.

The company, which also counts PACCAR (PCAR.O) and Daimler Trucks North America as its customers, said about $1.93 billion is expected to be paid in the first half of 2024.

Jeffries said in a research note the charge "is significant but is not expected to impact normal business operations." Cummins shares were down 2.3% in early afternoon trading to $238.47.

In August 2022, the U.S. business of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles -- now a unit of Stellantis -- pleaded guilty to criminal conspiracy and paid nearly $300 million to resolve a multi-year U.S. Justice Department diesel-emissions fraud probe. FCA US LLC was also sentenced to a three-year term of organizational probation.

Volkswagen paid $1.45 billion in U.S. civil penalties in 2017 after the German automaker in 2015 disclosed that it had cheated emissions tests by installing defeat devices" in 11 million vehicles worldwide, using sophisticated software to reduce emissions only during emissions tests.

Volkswagen in total settled U.S. civil and criminal actions prompted by the emissions scandal for more than $20 billion.

---

Link To Article: https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...er-2023-12-22/

"The grass is greener where you water it"

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Cummins To Pay Record Setting $1.675 Billion To EPA!

I am speechless!

What the Heck is going on?

Unbelievable!!

The environmental and financial impact of all the dead batteries from electric vehicles will be catastrophic.

I haven’t seen any evidence of them lasting over eight years.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I am speechless!

Unbelievable!!

The environmental and financial impact of all the dead batteries from electric vehicles will be catastrophic.

The EPA are crooks just like the DEMS and Biden Family.

God help us all!
    igotacummins

(Do you need assistance?) Please do not hesitate to PM us directly.

"The grass is greener where you water it"

4. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTACUMMINS View Post
    Well, boys and girls, this is getting crazy!

The EPA needs to be stopped, and we hope the TRUMP train runs them over, but the days of having a truck without the trash costing you thousands of dollars like electric cars is going to be a thing of the past!!

Hold onto your truck!!!

God bless,
    igotacummins

---

WASHINGTON, Dec 22 (Reuters) - Truck engine maker Cummins Inc (CMI.N) has agreed in principle to pay a $1.675 billion fine for installing devices on hundreds of thousands of engines to allow them to emit excess pollution, the largest-ever civil penalty for a Clean Air Act violation, the U.S. Justice Department said on Friday.

The Department said Cummins allegedly installed so-called "defeat devices" to bypass or disable emissions controls such as emission sensors and onboard computers.

The department said Cummins used defeat devices on 630,000 2013 to 2019 RAM 2500 and 3500 pickup truck engines and undisclosed auxiliary emission control devices on 330,000 2019 to 2023 RAM 2500 and 3500 pickup truck engines to cheat emissions control requirements.

U.S. Attorney General Merrick Garland said "preliminary estimates suggest that defeat devices on some Cummins engines have caused them to produce thousands of tons of excess emissions of nitrogen oxides." It is the second largest environmental penalty deal ever reached, the department said.

EPA Administrator Michael Regan said "vulnerable communities are more likely to reside near highways where these harmful emissions are concentrated, making this agreement critical to advancing our environmental justice agenda."

Cummins (CMI.N) said it expects to take a nearly $2.04 billion charge in the fourth quarter to resolve regulatory claims relating to nearly one million engines from the Justice Department and California Air Resources Board.

"The company has seen no evidence that anyone acted in bad faith and does not admit wrongdoing," Cummins said in a statement.

The formal settlement, which will need court approval, will be made public as early as next month.

RAM-owner Stellantis (STLAM.MI) declined to comment. The 960,000 vehicles have been recalled and the emissions control software will be updated, Cummins said, which previously took a $59 million charge for emissions recalls.

Cummins first announced in April 2019 it was internally reviewing its emissions certification process and compliance.

Cummins previously said U.S. regulators were scrutinizing Nissan (7201.T) Titan trucks from the 2016 to 2019 model years and that it was developing a new software calibration and hardware fix and would recall the trucks.

Cummins previously took $59 million in charges to address the costs of the RAM and Titan recalls. Nissan did not immediately comment Friday.

The company, which also counts PACCAR (PCAR.O) and Daimler Trucks North America as its customers, said about $1.93 billion is expected to be paid in the first half of 2024.

Jeffries said in a research note the charge "is significant but is not expected to impact normal business operations." Cummins shares were down 2.3% in early afternoon trading to $238.47.

In August 2022, the U.S. business of Fiat Chrysler Automobiles -- now a unit of Stellantis -- pleaded guilty to criminal conspiracy and paid nearly $300 million to resolve a multi-year U.S. Justice Department diesel-emissions fraud probe. FCA US LLC was also sentenced to a three-year term of organizational probation.

Volkswagen paid $1.45 billion in U.S. civil penalties in 2017 after the German automaker in 2015 disclosed that it had cheated emissions tests by installing defeat devices" in 11 million vehicles worldwide, using sophisticated software to reduce emissions only during emissions tests.

Volkswagen in total settled U.S. civil and criminal actions prompted by the emissions scandal for more than $20 billion.

---

Link To Article: https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...er-2023-12-22/
    Bunch of bulls**t!!!

My wife got there stupid a** recall the other day on the AEV RAM for the software update and asked if we should take it in.

I said nope it's all emissions garbage and your truck is absolutely fine.

I imagine the update will probably screw trucks up more in the long term.

Cummins builds the damn engines and sure as hell knows more than the EPA when it comes to longevity, but hey the EPA doesn't want that they want electric and to crash the power grids.

I just can't with ol sleepy Joe and liberals.

5. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I am speechless!

Unbelievable!!

It's because they don't last that long and if you get just a little salt and water in there they go up in flames hence winter.

I wish they would talk about the cost of replacing those batteries at more than 15k plus.

But hey you and I the average American can't afford that and they know that and don't care.

The Bidens can when Ol Hunter is sniffing coke and selling paintings in daddy's name though.

Last edited by rsl0311usmc; 12-22-2023 at 07:57 PM.

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

I won't need a coffin when my time comes.

The Cummins and I will be 6ft under together; she isn't going anywhere.

Shouldn't they be more focused on Hunter with his cocaine issues, unpaid back taxes, she boy hooker purchases.

Be an American and grow up, grow a set, and realize yourself and the rest of the family are more corrupt than anyone else in this Country but are trying to lead by example.

You can't call ourselves a Country if we have no borders.

Get the ball going, Trump!

11 more months, and you're in.

Rant over.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

7. Top Of Page | #7

I have one more thing with my rant.

Why is it legal for the government to have Ford build a Super Duty 6.7L factory without the emissions but then go after Cummins?

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, Satan has taken complete control of the government and its people.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

9. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

The cockroaches of the EPA are the same or worse than the cunts at the ATF.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rsl0311usmc View Post
    I have one more thing with my rant.

Why is it legal for the government to have Ford build a Super Duty 6.7L factory without the emissions but then go after Cummins?
    Exactly.

When I worked last year at Yuma Proving Ground in AZ, all the GSA (government) Fords had the emission system bypassed.

2006 2500 QC Laramie 5.9 (Sold in 2016). 2017 3500 DRW CC Laramie, Loaded. MM3 tuned by DRD. 4" SS by Jamo. 68REF, 4.10 Rears. (Sold). 2018 3500 DRW Longhorn CC AISIN 4.10's. On a good health care plan by DRD.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast