Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  13

Thread: WTB: Prices On Parts?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

WTB: Prices On Parts?

It looks like prices on some parts might be coming down; not fast enough, though; Amazon and Walmart online have ARP 625's 247-4204 for $1163, the cheapest I've seen in a long time.

Also, the belt tensioners Amazon has for 48 dollars, the Dayco 89362, which is the same as the Cummins/Mopar,

5086744AA fan drive bracket pulley, $572 also, is still overpriced but cheaper on Amazon.

My bearing is going out, so I will fix it and have a spare; I would have gone with generic, but I have seen photos and videos of aftermarket ones, but it does not fit correctly.

RockAuto has also had some stuff for reasonable prices, not advertising, just trying to save people some money in these times of outrageous prices.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: WTB: Prices On Parts?

Be careful on Amazon.

I have seen decent luck with generic off-brand.

When you go for the genuine OEM, it is where I've experienced the most issues.

There's a lot of knockoff on there these days.

I had a whole pile of genuine OEM Honda timing belts and components that looked like they took out our j37 buggy motor when the timing belt lasted 2 miles.

Part for part, they were hard to tell the difference between genuine OEM and knockoff, even holding them both in our hands, but the tensioner was clear in feeling after the fact.

My 2C is to support a vendor with a good reputation that they want to continue to uphold.

40-50 extra bucks for peace of mind is well worth it, IMO.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

2014 Ram 3500 mega cab srw, full thuren 2.5 kit, 38" toyos, 4.56 gears, revmax 850 68RFE, grid heater delete w/ monster ram, steedspeed manifold, Ats aurora 6000 add a turbo(s465), ARP 625s, pushrods & springs, 5" tbe, sb filter, stock fuel

3. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: WTB: Prices On Parts?

I wouldn’t use anything but OEM parts.

You are taking a gamble with the aftermarket.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

5. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post