Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Hydraulic Control Unit Issue?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Hydraulic Control Unit Issue?

Screenshot 2024-01-01 150754.jpgScreenshot 2024-01-01 145808.jpg
    So I've researched online, YouTube and on here and found many different techniques to fixing the HCU that affects the 2017 and 2018 Ram 2500/3500. I've tried disconnecting the control unit plug to see if any dirt or debris was in it and it worked for a short period, but it came right back. I've come to the conclusion from most of the reading that the motor is the main culprit so I did a search last week and found this part on Mopar's website.

It is item 4 and so far (25 miles) I haven't had an issue and was easy to replace. A much cheaper fix than sending it off for repair and didn't have to worry about driving it while I waited for the fixed part to return.

I used a 2x4 to wedge between the seat and brake pedal to keep pressure on the brakes as one of the youtube videos recommended it. I had minimal brake fluid leaking out and only did the manual brake bleed. I ordered XTOOL Anyscan A30M Wireless OBD2 Diagnostic Scanner Bi-Directional Code Reader so I can do the electronic brake bleed, but combined still less than having it replaced by Mopar.

I hope this helps anyone having the same issue.

Last edited by dmccoppin; 01-02-2024 at 09:11 AM.
    2018 Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L. 68RFE with REMAX Valve body/Trans pan and Thermal bypass. MM3 tuner/deleted and 4" turbo back pipes with AFE CAI. PPE front diff/Banks back diff. 20"Moto Metal wheels and 35" tires.

2. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post