Thanks Thanks:  76
Likes Likes:  123
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Well Fudge - 8 Wheel Studs Sheered Off!

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Well Fudge - 8 Wheel Studs Sheered Off!

Yeah, I'd have to let someone know as well.

I also had a rather interesting experience the other month; I dropped my wife's 2022 Avalon off at the dealer for warranty work for a weird popping sound from the suspension.

A week later, they call and say the car is done; I get up there with an 800$ bill for a new steering arm.

I paid for it because I know my wife can't drive, and I can understand a warranty denial with anything she is driving.

I don't think I've ever seen her dodge a pothole.

I drive about, I don't know, 2 miles.

I still hear the loud popping noise, and now I hear this loud scraping sound as well; I get out and look under the car, and all the ski plates are hanging with nothing securing them to the vehicle.

I called the dealer, and they came to get it.

I said hey, you pricks, not only did you not warranty it, but you also didn't secure the skid plates.

My exact words are that not only are you charging me after not fixing the car, but you are also destroying the rest of the undercarriage.

It is always best to think before speaking or wait until you aren't angry to call someone out.

The car stayed at the dealer for over four weeks after the first week there.

Later, I discovered that a loose bolt on the crossbar was loose, causing the noise.

When I asked, it never needed a new steering arm, and they wouldn't provide the old one.

They had to get a Toyota tech from Texas to fly to my state to repair the car because the dealer didn't want to touch it anymore.

After I filed a complaint with corporate, the dealer wouldn't refund me, but corporate did refund me.

Toyota is not the same Toyota of 20 years ago. I wouldn't buy another Toyota if someone paid for it, and I would never bring another vehicle to a dealership for work.

I had a few weird experiences with ram on my power wagon, but they did warranty it.

That truck went to the dealer over six times for warranty work.

The last time I picked up the car at the Ram dealer, my son's brand new Easton baseball bat, case of water, and all the vehicle changes were missing.

The story's moral is that no Dealer works for me anymore, and it's tough to find an honest mechanic; it's best to learn how to work on things and repair things yourself.

One thing is for sure: I may go to hell for cussing and all the fist fighting I did when I was younger, but I dang sure won't be because I'm a thief or dishonest.

I'm sorry you had this happen.

Life has a way of making things right; things always come back around.

Ram 2500

2. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Well Fudge - 8 Wheel Studs Sheered Off!

Quote Originally Posted by DaddiDiesel View Post
    Yeah, I'd have to let someone know as well.

I also had a rather interesting experience the other month; I dropped my wife's 2022 Avalon off at the dealer for warranty work for a weird popping sound from the suspension.

A week later, they call and say the car is done; I get up there with an 800$ bill for a new steering arm.

I paid for it because I know my wife can't drive, and I can understand a warranty denial with anything she is driving.

I don't think I've ever seen her dodge a pothole.

I drive about, I don't know, 2 miles.

I still hear the loud popping noise, and now I hear this loud scraping sound as well; I get out and look under the car, and all the ski plates are hanging with nothing securing them to the vehicle.

I called the dealer, and they came to get it.

I said hey, you pricks, not only did you not warranty it, but you also didn't secure the skid plates.

My exact words are that not only are you charging me after not fixing the car, but you are also destroying the rest of the undercarriage.

It is always best to think before speaking or wait until you aren't angry to call someone out.

The car stayed at the dealer for over four weeks after the first week there.

Later, I discovered that a loose bolt on the crossbar was loose, causing the noise.

When I asked, it never needed a new steering arm, and they wouldn't provide the old one.

They had to get a Toyota tech from Texas to fly to my state to repair the car because the dealer didn't want to touch it anymore.

After I filed a complaint with corporate, the dealer wouldn't refund me, but corporate did refund me.

Toyota is not the same Toyota of 20 years ago. I wouldn't buy another Toyota if someone paid for it, and I would never bring another vehicle to a dealership for work.

I had a few weird experiences with ram on my power wagon, but they did warranty it.

That truck went to the dealer over six times for warranty work.

The last time I picked up the car at the Ram dealer, my son's brand new Easton baseball bat, case of water, and all the vehicle changes were missing.

The story's moral is that no Dealer works for me anymore, and it's tough to find an honest mechanic; it's best to learn how to work on things and repair things yourself.

One thing is for sure: I may go to hell for cussing and all the fist fighting I did when I was younger, but I dang sure won't be because I'm a thief or dishonest.

I'm sorry you had this happen.

Life has a way of making things right; things always come back around.
    I'm glad you got a refund on your wife's car.

I am facing an issue with a Dodge dealership on my 2023 Durango RT Plus Blacktop.

I bought it new back in August, and it developed a bad oil leak at only 4,500 miles.

The oil cooler adapter started leaking between it and the block.

They tried to accuse me that it was my fault because I changed the oil myself.

I told them I noticed the oil leaking before touching it and took numerous pictures.

They decided to cover it under warranty.

Long story short, they still have my Durango at the dealership, and after numerous attempts to fix the issue, Dodge has granted a new engine replacement.

They have had my vehicle for almost seven weeks now.

If I ever get this back and still have issues, I'm trading it for something else, and it sure won't be a Dodge!

EDIT*** Dodge thinks the engine block wasn't milled correctly when the engine was being built, causing the adapter and the block not to mate flush.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

Last edited by watersupply189; 01-07-2024 at 08:07 PM.
    2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks AK Bob, DaddiDiesel, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, 5001craig thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, DaddiDiesel, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    I'm glad you got a refund on your wife's car.

I am facing an issue with a Dodge dealership on my 2023 Durango RT Plus Blacktop.

I bought it new back in August, and it developed a bad oil leak at only 4,500 miles.

The oil cooler adapter started leaking between it and the block.

They tried to accuse me that it was my fault because I changed the oil myself.

I told them I noticed the oil leaking before touching it and took numerous pictures.

They decided to cover it under warranty.

Long story short, they still have my Durango at the dealership, and after numerous attempts to fix the issue, Dodge has granted a new engine replacement.

They have had my vehicle for almost seven weeks now.

If I ever get this back and still have issues, I'm trading it for something else, and it sure won't be a Dodge!

EDIT*** Dodge thinks the engine block wasn't milled correctly when the engine was being built, causing the adapter and the block not to mate flush.

They tried to do the same to me with my power wagon because I did all the oil changes.

One of the main reasons I sold it, I was tired of arguing with the dealer.

During 1st time in the shop for warranty work, the AC unit stopped working 2nd, the rear actuator for the locking differential stopped working, 3rd the transfer case started shifting into 4wd while I was on the interstate, 4th the warn winch stopped working, 5th the transfer case starting shifting again while going down interstate, 5th time and last time the truck would blow out a plume of blue smoke every time I cranked it.

Car prices went wild around this time, and I sold it for 12k more than I paid.

Those new Durangos are awesome; how is it possibly your fault?

Do you even touch the oil cooler adapter when changing the oil?

See, that leads me to believe all the dealerships are incompetent, like Joe Biden.

Ram 2500

6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

They tried to do the same to me with my power wagon because I did all the oil changes.

During 1st time in the shop for warranty work, the AC unit stopped working 2nd, the rear actuator for the locking differential stopped working, 3rd the transfer case started shifting into 4wd while I was on the interstate, 4th the warn winch stopped working, 5th the transfer case starting shifting again while going down interstate, 5th time and last time the truck would blow out a plume of blue smoke every time I cranked it.

See, that leads me to believe all the dealerships are incompetent, like Joe Biden.
    The oil filter is screwed onto the adapter.

The leak itself was above the adapter between it and the engine block.

It’s a shame that the regular customer is considered incompetent and that we cannot even do our maintenance.

We love our new Durango and the way it drives and rides.

I hope this new engine will be trouble-free.

7. Thanks DaddiDiesel, AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes DaddiDiesel, AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  8. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

The oil filter is screwed onto the adapter.

The leak itself was above the adapter between it and the engine block.

It’s a shame that the regular customer is considered incompetent and that we cannot even do our maintenance.

We love our new Durango and the way it drives and rides.

I hope this new engine will be trouble-free.
    I would fully expect it to be trouble-free when you get it back.

I wonder if this is a common issue on the 5.7L.

Ram 2500

9. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

I had a similar issue with a brand new 1996 Eagle Tallon.

It lost all oil pressure when the oil cooler adapter leaked.

The dealership couldn’t duplicate the issue.

I returned to the shop and told the mechanic to raise the car on the lift while someone applied the throttle.

At 2500 RPM, you could watch the oil filter cooler adapter slowly unscrew itself from the engine block.

The mechanic was amazed, the final fix was a new oil cooler adapter gasket and lock tight on the threads.

Not long after that, I left it idle for a few minutes, and when I returned, it had dumped all the coolant out.

The dealership said it was because I was due for a coolant flush and replacement; they wanted to charge me $450.

I told them no thanks and traded the vehicle for a new Toyota Camry later that week.

Last edited by AK Bob; 01-07-2024 at 08:59 PM.
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

11. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

Well Fudge - 8 Wheel Studs Sheered Off!

I sure hope it is.

I’ve heard of the Pursuit 5.7s having an issue with the adapter cracking, but that isn’t the case with mine.

They tried 4 new adapters with new gaskets and even used a sealer with the same results of oil leaking out at the same exact spot, a drip every 2 seconds.

They determined it must be block-related and issued a new engine.

They will return this engine to R&D to see if this is just a one-off or a series of engines affected during construction.

12. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, DaddiDiesel, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, DaddiDiesel, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

We like this Durango and sure hope when it comes back that, it won’t give us any more issues.

14. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

We like this Durango and sure hope when it comes back that, it won’t give us any more issues.

Man, that color is good-looking.

Ram 2500

15. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Man, that color is good-looking.
    Thanks, man, Destroyer Gray.

It's the best color, in my opinion.

17. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, DaddiDiesel thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS, DaddiDiesel liked this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast