Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  17

Thread: Head Stud Install?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Head Stud Install?

I've looked at many head stud install guides and couldn't find my answer.

I could be overthinking it, but when you pull the rockers and reinstall them, does it not matter if that valve is on top of the dead center?

No one mentioned finding the top dead center on each valve before I stalled each rocker back.

And what are the torque specs for the rockers as well?

Any help is appreciated, as always.

2. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks Mrgene20, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob thanked for this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Re: Head Stud Install?

Awesome.

So just back the adjusters all the way off, install rockers and torque to spec.

Then, find which top dead center I'm at and adjust those valves accordingly.

Then rotate TDC 360 in order to be on the other valves and then adjust those.

Thx as always Corkey.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Re: Head Stud Install?

When installing the rocker arms they should be installed in their original locations and make sure the adjustment screws are completely backed out then torque to 27 Ft/lbs.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS, Mrgene20 thanked for this post