Thanks Thanks:  76
Likes Likes:  94
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Door Lock / Remote Issues?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Door Lock / Remote Issues?

Update: I swapped door switches with my stepdad's 2014 RAM 3500 and got the same functions as mine.

Doors lock with door switches and remote but fail to unlock from either.

I would assume this is leaning toward the body control module.

Any more advice on a bidirectional unit?

I am not opposed to purchasing something to aid this repair or future issues.

Thanks

2. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by RamzServ8486 View Post
    Update: I swapped door switches with my stepdad's 2014 RAM 3500 and got the same functions as mine.

Thanks
    Just a thought: try disconnecting both batteries for several minutes and then reconnecting them.

This will power down all the modules and reboot them.

It's worth a try, and it won't cost you anything.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Just a thought: try disconnecting both batteries for several minutes and then reconnecting them.

This will power down all the modules and reboot them.

It's worth a try, and it won't cost you anything.
    I will gladly give it a shot, but I doubt it will make a difference.

The batteries have been replaced and disconnected for repairs since I've had the vehicle.

This is an issue I've dealt with since I bought the truck almost five years ago.

It was just one of those things that wasn't super high on the priority list once I acquired the vehicle.

5. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

Thanks
    OK, have you tried to use lock unlock from the front pass door?

Do the rear doors work OK?

The Autel scan tool can scan body codes and check networking.

The fact yours does lock but not unlock does point to a body module assuming the switch was OK (you swapped it already with a known good one)

But each door in the front will have its module with a power rouse and ground and the CAN pair that communicates with the pass door module and main body module, i.e., the TIPM or main fuse block.

The rear doors do not have their door modules.

Do the rear door locks not work correctly either, or just the front ones?

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

7. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by toyota_mdt_tech View Post
    Have you tried using lock unlock from the front pass door?

Do the rear doors work OK?

The Autel scan tool can scan body codes and check networking.

The fact yours does lock but not unlock does point to a body module assuming the switch was OK (you swapped it already with a known good one)

But each door in the front will have its module with a power rouse and ground and the CAN pair that communicates with the pass door module and main body module, i.e., the TIPM or main fuse block.

The rear doors do not have their door modules.

Do the rear door locks not work correctly either, or just the front ones?
    My driver's side switch panel does all necessary functions in my stepdad's truck, but his installed in mine produces the same results mine does.

The passenger side front door switches will operate as the driver side.

The lock function works, but the unlock does not.

The rear doors have window switches only.

The rear doors will lock, but like the front doors, they must be manually unlocked.

8. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

My drivers side switch panel does all necessary functions in my step dad's truck but his installed in mine produces the same results mine does.

The passenger side front door switches will operate as the drivers side. The lock function works but the unlock does not.

The rear doors have window switches only.

The rear doors will lock but like the front doors must be manually unlocked.
    Thanks for the additional information.

I don’t have a wiring diagram for your 2013, but it should be very close to my 2014 (see attached).

I have highlighted the unlock circuits.

As you can see, the BCM has two separate unlock outputs: connector C6 pin #1 for the driver's side door and C6 pin #3 for the other doors.

Since none of the doors are unlocking, this would lead me to believe either the BCM is bad or the BCM is not receiving the unlock request via the CAN network.

I would first do a full system scan to see if there are any trouble codes.

If all is good, send an unlock request using the scan tool bidirectional control.

If the unlock is still not working and battery voltage is not present at pins #1 and #3 when the request is made, replace the BCM.

The new BCM will need to be programmed for your truck.

Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

What's the rough cost for a new BCM?

Would I be able to program it myself if I acquired a bidirectional scan tool?

11. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  12. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

https://www.Moparpartsgiant.com/part...8320319ab.html

Search around still, I would stick with Mopar.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

13. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

What's the rough cost for a new BCM?

Would I be able to program it myself if I acquired a bidirectional scan tool?
    This one that will fit your vehicle is around $300 but is not currently in stock.

https://www.Moparpartsgiant.com/oem-...ra2=&filter=()

You can copy and save the configuration file from your old BCM and transfer it to the new one.

This assumes your original BCM is programmed correctly and you have AlfaOBD software to transfer it.

See the video below.

I haven't done it, but it's my understanding that to program the BCM from scratch, you will need to purchase a subscription from Stellantis to download the file and have a scan tool with a J2535 pass-through device to transfer the file to the BCM or have the dealership program it.

The proper scan tool with the J2534 pass-through device, like the Autel MS909, will cost around $3,000.

14. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamzServ8486 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

Anyone who has programmed a BCM or has more knowledge, please chime in with your experience.

16. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, RamzServ8486 thanked for this post
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast