Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  18

Thread: 2018 RAM Flashing/Programing Uconnect?

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

2018 RAM Flashing/Programing Uconnect?

Hoping this is the correct location for this.

Looking at buying the 2018 LoneStar under the agreement, the dealer installs an OEM 8.4Uconnect.

The aftermarket radio did not allow the backup sensors, backup or bed camera, air control vents, and possibly other items not to work or be controlled properly.

After the dealer had the truck at a shop, they finally took it to a RAM dealer to flash/program the new/used 8.4.

This is because they could not get the cab camera to work at all, and the backup camera would only work if you used the touchscreen and would not activate by just putting it in reverse.

The RAM dealer is telling the small dealer who has the truck that doing this may damage other items or cause them not to work.

Thoughts and what could be damaged?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2018 RAM Flashing/Programing Uconnect?

Quote Originally Posted by fourteen View Post

Looking at buying the 2018 LoneStar under the agreement, the dealer installs an OEM 8.4Uconnect.

The aftermarket radio did not allow the backup sensors, backup or bed camera, air control vents, and possibly other items not to work or be controlled properly.

After the dealer had the truck at a shop, they finally took it to a RAM dealer to flash/program the new/used 8.4.

This is because they could not get the cab camera to work at all, and the backup camera would only work if you used the touchscreen and would not activate by just putting it in reverse.

The RAM dealer is telling the small dealer who has the truck that doing this may damage other items or cause them not to work.

Thanks!

It sounds like the RAM dealer is covering their butt and saying they can’t guarantee the flash will fix all the issues and may cause or reveal additional problems.

So far the previous owner has made unknown changes to the truck, the small dealer has installed a used radio and tried to make it work.

I would let the small shop decide, but tell them you will only follow through on the deal to purchase if the OEM 8.4 radio works correctly and no other issues are found or created.

The sale will be subject to your final inspection and approval.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

2018 RAM Flashing/Programing Uconnect?

The dealer purchased the truck with the aftermarket already installed.

I’m wondering if the flash could affect things.

Is this a common issue?

'06 3500 SRW LWB
    G56 Valair DD
    90HP Dynomite Injs.
    Cat. Removed
    Wallet Empty
    AutoMeter Pyro.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

The dealer purchased the truck with the aftermarket already installed.

I’m wondering if the flash could affect things.

Is this a common issue?

Over-the-air flash software updates for Uconnect are common and shouldn’t usually affect things.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks fourteen, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes fourteen, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Thanks!

ALFAOBD.com is your friend.

Go into RF hub and make the changes yourself, if it doesnt work, take them back out.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post