Thanks Thanks:  8
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: Can I Check EGR Functioning On A Tuned Truck?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Can I Check EGR Functioning On A Tuned Truck?

2015 RAM 2500 6.7L.

When I bought my truck, it was already tuned but didn't come with the tuner.

DPF/DEF was deleted, but the EGR valve was still on the truck.

Since then, I have got it re-tuned by a very reputable tuner and have the MM3.

So, I am now getting ready to replace a turbo due to actuator failure, and the turbo vane arm has some resistance when moved manually.

So when i replaced the turbo, I was going to go ahead and do an EGR delete to clean up the engine bay while I was pulling stuff out anyway.

I was hoping I could sell my EGR parts on eBay since I have zero concerns about ever needing to put them back on.

So my question is this: is there an easy way to make sure everything still functions before

I sell someone a pile of junk?

Any help is appreciated, guys; thank you.

2. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Can I Check EGR Functioning On A Tuned Truck?

Quote Originally Posted by Justingz71 View Post
    2015 RAM 2500 6.7L.

When I bought my truck, it was already tuned but didn't come with the tuner.

DPF/DEF was deleted, but the EGR valve was still on the truck.

Since then, I have got it re-tuned by a very reputable tuner and have the MM3.

So, I am now getting ready to replace a turbo due to actuator failure, and the turbo vane arm has some resistance when moved manually.

So when i replaced the turbo, I was going to go ahead and do an EGR delete to clean up the engine bay while I was pulling stuff out anyway.

I was hoping I could sell my EGR parts on eBay since I have zero concerns about ever needing to put them back on.

So my question is this: is there an easy way to make sure everything still functions before

I sell someone a pile of junk?

Any help is appreciated, guys; thank you.
    I don't know of any easy way to test the EGR system other than installing it on an emissions-compliant truck.

The EGR cooler could be removed, inspected, and pressure checked.

The EGR valve and exhaust transfer assembly could be inspected and checked for freedom of movement.

The three-phase DC stepper motor is typically PWM by the PCM, which would need to be bench-tested.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Re: Can I Check EGR Functioning On A Tuned Truck?

Thanks!

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post