Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  10

Thread: NEED Help- Loping and tuner issues.

1. Top Of Page | #1

Post NEED Help- Loping and tuner issues.

Hey Guys,

I deleted my 2015 2500 a few months ago with a Mini Max V2. EGR delete and throttle valve delete. With a 4 inch pipe.

I’ve had a number of issue since I got the delete done.

1. It used to have a massive loping/surging sound and shortly after my turbo went out. I Replaces the turbo completely and STILL have a slight lope at about 1100 RPMs. No other rpm’s does this happen at.

2. The turbo will only boost on average about 20 psi. I’ve seen upwards of 25 but nothing more. The truck feels like it missing power especially since I added the mini max tuner Once I go in a higher Horsepower tune it all feels the same. No major power is noticed.

3. This is more of a concern than a problem. The main reason I wanted to delete my truck was for MPGs. After tuning I have not gained a single MPG. I’ve been stuck at about 12.5 before and after the delete and tune. I’m not really hard on my truck throttle wise and I drive highways everyday. Not sure if that could be a number of things not allowing mpgs to rise.

I have a feeling that the the Mini Max V2 tuner could be a source of a lot of these issues. As this all started to happen after deleting the truck.

Any advice or opinions on what’s going one would be very appreciated. I use this truck daily for work and I hate driving it knowing there’s problems. THANKS

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: NEED Help- Loping and tuner issues.

Very common symptoms with box tunes.

I hate to say it, you might want to save for the MM3 platform and save on all future headaches.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

4. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

I’ve been think of just switching tuners. Would I need to delete the tunes on the truck already to be able to download the MM3 tunes?
    Also. Would you happen to know if I could just sell the Mini max, just to make a little extra money back

6. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

You can post it in the classified section for sale, someone might toss an offer.

You will want to become a Lifetime platinum membership and after that, seek out the Plus membership as it's free.

This will open a lot of opportunities for you.

When the time comes just make a note on the purchase will what current platform you have, and a recovery file might be needed.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

8. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post