Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  6

Thread: 68RFE Rebuild - First Drive Good Then Lost Forward Then Reverse?

1. Top Of Page | #1

68RFE Rebuild - First Drive Good Then Lost Forward Then Reverse?

2015 RAM 2500HD 4x4. I am unsure what tunes are on it with a RevMax valve body.

Recently, I did a 2008 68RFE input drum rebuild to a 500 HP RevMax drum with no issues.

1st auto transmission job I've ever done, and the truck runs better than it has in 7 years, even after 4 "transmission" shops.

So, we did the same rebuild procedure with the 2015 RAM 2500.

The only difference is we missed a connection to the rear end and didn't notice till after issues arose. (I think it was to rear wheel speed sensors)

Long story short, after filling with fluid and making sure we were at proper levels (running in park and neutral), we did a quick relearn with buddy's modis before ever putting in reverse or drive, of course.

I backed out of the shop fine.

Put in gear and eased out, shifting 1-4 manually several times, then 1-5 a couple of times.

Then, when going to 6, it hesitated a bit (think because of tunes) and went 1-6 again, same.

Then, it wouldn't go past 3, so we eased back to the shop.

Stopped before pulling in, shut off the truck, restarted, and all we had was reverse.

That's when we found a connection we missed.

Now, we have no movement at all except when you put it in reverse.

It kind of nudges forward like you put it in the drive.

At a loss here, but not a complete noob.

I know my way around motors (my daily driver is a 05 F350 6.0L Power Choke).

The fluid is still crystal clear and smells good (for transmission fluid, LOL).

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated, and yes, I can take criticism well.

(Remember above, 6.0L daily driver) just as long as someone can take it back.

LMAO!

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE!

PS: The Only pending code it's throwing now is P0731.

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Rebuild - First Drive Good Then Lost Forward Then Reverse?

Quote Originally Posted by Da69murph View Post
    2015 RAM 2500HD 4x4. I am unsure what tunes are on it with a RevMax valve body.

Recently, I did a 2008 68RFE input drum rebuild to a 500 HP RevMax drum with no issues.

1st auto transmission job I've ever done, and the truck runs better than it has in 7 years, even after 4 "transmission" shops.

So, we did the same rebuild procedure with the 2015 RAM 2500.

The only difference is we missed a connection to the rear end and didn't notice till after issues arose. (I think it was to rear wheel speed sensors)

Long story short, after filling with fluid and making sure we were at proper levels (running in park and neutral), we did a quick relearn with buddy's modis before ever putting in reverse or drive, of course.

I backed out of the shop fine.

Put in gear and eased out, shifting 1-4 manually several times, then 1-5 a couple of times.

Then, when going to 6, it hesitated a bit (think because of tunes) and went 1-6 again, same.

Then, it wouldn't go past 3, so we eased back to the shop.

Stopped before pulling in, shut off the truck, restarted, and all we had was reverse.

That's when we found a connection we missed.

Now, we have no movement at all except when you put it in reverse.

It kind of nudges forward like you put it in the drive.

At a loss here, but not a complete noob.

I know my way around motors (my daily driver is a 05 F350 6.0L Power Choke).

The fluid is still crystal clear and smells good (for transmission fluid, LOL).

Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated, and yes, I can take criticism well.

(Remember above, 6.0L daily driver) just as long as someone can take it back.

LMAO!

I APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE!

PS: The Only pending code it's throwing now is P0731.
    Attached is the troubleshooting information on the P0731 trouble code.

Hopefully this will help.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Corkey, timshooter40 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, timshooter40, watersupply189 liked this post