Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  14

Thread: DOF ISSUES …….

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

DOF ISSUES …….

Ok guys it’s been a long couple days. To start truck don’t want to Regen all week. Wife drove and drove and never would. Then last night we get the DPF FULL SEE DEALER REDUCED POWER. Try and delete codes and nothing. DPF gauge shows full. Started driving and Regen kicked is and it says continue driving. Drive forever and then it kicks out and says see dealer. I’ll put in pictures of the codes that stayed the most. Today tried to use another scanner and it wouldn’t let us in because of the security gate. Then had 4 codes at that time. After a bit of driving home at 48 mph Regen kicked in. So we drove and drove and it finally stopped and showed empty on gauge. BUT , we are still blowing black smoke and have no power at all. Check engine light went off but it has 2 permanent codes. Those codes are—-P242F and P0402

Anyone have any advise of what to do? Is the EGR plugged or stuck ..?

2019 Cummins 61,000 miles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

--Work gives you meaning and purpose, Life is empty without it--

2. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: DOF ISSUES …….

See attached information on the two permanent trouble codes. Your DPF is likely plugged. You may want to consider weight loss to avoid engine damage.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks Sisupower, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Sisupower, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    See attached information on the two permanent trouble codes. Your DPF is likely plugged. You may want to consider weight loss to avoid engine damage.
    I think you are right! Would it still blow black smoke with it plugged? It continuously smoking while driving

6. Likes Corkey, watersupply189, AK Bob liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sisupower View Post
    I think you are right! Would it still blow black smoke with it plugged? It continuously smoking while driving

I am thinking it’s evidently not completely plugged yet, but restricted and possibly damaged. See attached information on black smoke. Faulty aftertreatment system for sure.

Attached Files Attached Files
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks Corkey, Sisupower thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189, Sisupower liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

Well guys it was the DPF for sure! It’s all fixed now and runs great! See pictures of DPF

10. Thanks watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post