Thanks Thanks:  6
Likes Likes:  11

Thread: 68RFE Trans - RevMax Valve Body - CVI / Transmission Health Question - CTT Tuning

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

Question 68RFE Trans - RevMax Valve Body - CVI / Transmission Health Question - CTT Tuning

Good morning.

I am looking for some input on whether or not I should be concerned with my transmission.

I have some long trips planned this summer (15+ hour drives one-way).

I have a 2017 RAM 2500 that was deleted around 40k miles ago, and it currently has 80k.

I have been running CTT tuning (the old company that no longer exists, I believe) since the truck was deleted.

Version 2.1D, if that matters to anyone (3rd gear lockup in tow/haul, 2nd gear lockup disabled in regular and tow/haul)

Around this time, I also had a RevMax valve body installed, a thermal bypass, and a deeper pan.

I'm not looking for more power, just longevity/reliability.

My understanding is that the CVI values can be an indicator of the health of my transmission; the current values I have are;

2C - 40
    4C - 43
    Low/Reverse - 64
    OD - 78
    UD - 48

I have considered trying other tune versions from CTT, but there seems to be a real mix of opinions on which ones are best.

They do have a CMER tune (4.2) that you can adjust fueling (0-7, with 0 being the cleanest), Shift Firmness (0-9, with 0 being the smoothest), and Locked Shift options.

I have never been super happy with the shifts, as they seem to be a bit firmer than I like unless you're laying into the throttle, which I never do unless I'm passing someone.

I'm curious whether I should try DRD to help clean up my shifts and keep the transmission going OR if I need to start looking into a rebuild.

I'm pretty ignorant in this area; I genuinely want to have confidence that my truck will not fail me 15 hours from home.

Any advice is appreciated; thank you!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 68RFE Trans - RevMax Valve Body - CVI / Transmission Health Question - CTT Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by HWMTrustyChords View Post
    Good morning.

I am looking for some input on whether or not I should be concerned with my transmission.

I have some long trips planned this summer (15+ hour drives one-way).

I have a 2017 RAM 2500 that was deleted around 40k miles ago, and it currently has 80k.

I have been running CTT tuning (the old company that no longer exists, I believe) since the truck was deleted.

Version 2.1D, if that matters to anyone (3rd gear lockup in tow/haul, 2nd gear lockup disabled in regular and tow/haul)

Around this time, I also had a RevMax valve body installed, a thermal bypass, and a deeper pan.

I'm not looking for more power, just longevity/reliability.

My understanding is that the CVI values can be an indicator of the health of my transmission; the current values I have are;

2C - 40
    4C - 43
    Low/Reverse - 64
    OD - 78
    UD - 48

I have considered trying other tune versions from CTT, but there seems to be a real mix of opinions on which ones are best.

They do have a CMER tune (4.2) that you can adjust fueling (0-7, with 0 being the cleanest), Shift Firmness (0-9, with 0 being the smoothest), and Locked Shift options.

I have never been super happy with the shifts, as they seem to be a bit firmer than I like unless you're laying into the throttle, which I never do unless I'm passing someone.

I'm curious whether I should try DRD to help clean up my shifts and keep the transmission going OR if I need to start looking into a rebuild.

I'm pretty ignorant in this area; I genuinely want to have confidence that my truck will not fail me 15 hours from home.

Any advice is appreciated; thank you!
    Unfortunately, DRD is no longer in business.

Becoming a Plus member is free and worth your time to look into.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Re: 68RFE Trans - RevMax Valve Body - CVI / Transmission Health Question - CTT Tuning

I just checked my EZ Lynk file from my old 18.

I was running 3.6SC version 30hp, but I would bounce back the 1.6.9 100hp.

I played with CCT a lot.

Sold the truck with 20k miles, all deleted and heavily towed.

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post