Thanks Thanks:  11
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: NEW 68RFE RevMax Series 850 Leaking?

1. Top Of Page | #1

NEW 68RFE RevMax Series 850 Leaking?

After my ATS 68RFE gave out in November, I spent a few hours on this forum, and everyone seemed to recommend RevMax.

So, I invested and purchased their series 850. It's been an absolute nightmare.

I'm not here to bash a company but hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.

The first unit arrived, we installed it, followed the relearn process, and about 350 miles in, the trans was blowing ATF from the vent, completely ruining my brand new driveway.

I called them, and they informed me the front pump may be defective.

So we had to yank it out and ship it back.

While waiting for the warranty work to be done, I got my pavers redone.

The new unit arrived last month and was reinstalled two weeks ago.

I'm about 550 miles into this new unit, and I'm getting a small leak from the inspection plate cover and two more from the pan itself.

Of course, parking in the same spot that I always do ruins my brand-new driveway once again.

On the bright side, I don't notice anything wrong with driveability.

I can pretty much rule out a bad gasket as the cause of the pan leak; however, I can't understand what would cause a leak to develop where the inspection plate is located.

I figured a company as reputable as RevMax would have some air-tight QC for these units to mitigate these things from happening.

I'm about $6k in the hole between labor on two trans swaps, ATF, and driveway repairs.

I can't afford to keep pulling the transmission out every month.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2
    DEFUND EPA I WILL STAND sootmaster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Re: NEW 68RFE RevMax Series 850 Leaking?

Hello,
    retorque pan gasket should be approx 89 inch pounds feel the turning of the bolt do not jerk the wrench in case the threads in housing maybe weak. If you feel the bolt not tightens up feels weak when applying torque stop and let the manufacture know your findings.
    Next remove inspection plate or starter to gain access with bore scope see if can place lens at TQ to front pump and see if droplets are setting. Could be a leaking TQ Drain if not checked by inspection, Just few things to inspect before removal.

BTW I have found large drip trays for catching oil for vech's most long term classic cars have these to protect floors from oil.
    Other Possible at Your Pet store the trays in the dog kennel cage are different sizes for tray under vech when stopped has large lips, Ebay also for Trays search dog kennel cage. Just Info

Hope helps

Last edited by sootmaster; 1 Week Ago at 12:56 PM. Reason: other thoughts
    07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

4. Thanks AK Bob, Palladium, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Palladium, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

After rereading, I learned that Blowing oil out of the dipstick tube is an expansion of fluid due to overheating; I'm curious about more than one Factory-ATS-Now RevMax.

Did you replace the tank in the radiator for the cooler, or did the radiator assemble it and then replace the front air to the fluid cooler?

With the Unit failing, these are heat-related.

If it is now 500 miles long and could still be overheating, it will cause leaks and very thin fluid.

Doing a cooler flow test, first and foremost, helps prevent pulling units or failure and warranty denial.

07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

Factory thermostat trans cooler blocks have failed and cooked many transmissions.

When dealing with more than one replacement and contamination, you have to replace all these.

If the shop had a hot cooler line flusher, maybe save?

For me, $6000 - $15000 trans?

I am going to replace them all.

8. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189 thanked for this post