Thanks Thanks:  15
Likes Likes:  19

Thread: G56 Swap Floor Console?

1. Top Of Page | #1

G56 Swap Floor Console?

I am currently doing a G56 swap.

Do any of you know if I can find a floor console for an automatic truck like the picture shows, if I can remove the plastic cover where the shifter “would go,” and if I can use the hole for my actual shifter and shifter boots?

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: G56 Swap Floor Console

Check your local salvage yards.

Also @DDP are you able to get the plastic G56 console?

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

Re: G56 Swap Floor Console?

Quote Originally Posted by sethruppert View Post
    I am currently doing a G56 swap.

Do any of you know if I can find a floor console for an automatic truck like the picture shows, if I can remove the plastic cover where the shifter “would go,” and if I can use the hole for my actual shifter and shifter boots?

I think you need just the boot for the console, I have the G56 and your console, aside from color, and my t case is electric is identical.

Pull out existing plug, snap in cover.

Note, this isn't the rubber boot that screws to the floor; this is just a trim boot.

I can post a picture if you need mine in place, but not till I get home from work.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

6. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

OK, I found a picture on my phone (I'm at work now), so it looks like the console is the same.

Just order the boot from RAM.

Move quickly; lots of these parts go away after seven years.

2010 Dodge 2500 SLT CCLB 4WD G56 Cummins 6.7 turbo diesel, 3.42 LSD. Add ons: Banks Monster Ram, Grid heater delete, Spyntec Free Spin Kit with Warn hubs (62672) Laramie Alloys (includes spare), "Powerwagon" Flares, Powerwagon bed decal (4X4 off road) OE Ram mudflaps, OE Slush Mats, OE Clearance Lamps, Geno's shift knob in black, 5" DPF back with muffler delete, spray in bedliner, OE brake controller, Durafit Seat Covers, Pro Tech Toolbox, Speed Turtle, Upfitter switches, Ham Radios, 8 Antennas, headache rack, emergency light bar,....

8. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

I see he needs the entire console.

I tried to buy the rear section, but these are no longer available.

Trim parts go away quickly from the mfg., i.e., discontinued or unavailable.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post