Thanks Thanks:  14
Likes Likes:  28

Thread: Industrial Injection Valve Cover?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Industrial Injection Valve Cover?

I have an industrial injection valve cover with a Black Market Performance catch can vented to the atmosphere but with a drain back to block with a stock check valve.

Before the check valve, if I drive it long, it does the clog filter.

After checking the valve, after 200 miles, the filter on top of the catch can is filled with oil.

I’m using 12 and fittings from the valve cover to 12-10 and fitting on the catch can with 3/4 hoses.

I had no blow-by on the stock valve cover, but if you shine a light, you can see smoke on the stock and also on the catch can.

I’ve asked both Black Market and Industrial Injection, but neither has replied.

Is it because my fittings are too big and allow oil to flow through?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Industrial Injection Valve Cover?

Quote Originally Posted by austin1028 View Post
    I have an industrial injection valve cover with a Black Market Performance catch can vented to the atmosphere but with a drain back to block with a stock check valve.

Before the check valve, if I drive it long, it does the clog filter.

After checking the valve, after 200 miles, the filter on top of the catch can is filled with oil.

I’m using 12 and fittings from the valve cover to 12-10 and fitting on the catch can with 3/4 hoses.

I had no blow-by on the stock valve cover, but if you shine a light, you can see smoke on the stock and also on the catch can.

I’ve asked both Black Market and Industrial Injection, but neither has replied.

Is it because my fittings are too big and allow oil to flow through?
    I don’t believe it’s because your AN fittings are too big.

See posts #9 and #10 in the thread below.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...-Cover-Install

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3

Should I block one hose off and use just one 3/4 house instead?[/QUOTE]

6. Likes watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

User Info Menu

So I should block one hose off and use just one 3/4 house instead?
    I think it’s going to depend on the valve cover design, but I guess you could give it a try.

@C-MAN do you have any thoughts or suggestions?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Thanks austin1028 thanked for this post
    Likes austin1028, Corkey, C-MAN, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #5

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    I think it’s going to depend on the valve cover design, but I guess you could give it a try.
    @C-MAN do you have any thoughts or suggestions?
    I'm just wondering what else i could do. i hate having to clean the top filter, which could be the cover's design.

I wouldn’t think so, though.

Maybe I’ll hear from either company today or tomorrow.

10. Likes Corkey, AK Bob, C-MAN, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Industrial Injection 1-800-955-0476.

Ask for Skyler; he'll answer any questions you have with the knowledge to back them up.

It's the only guy I ask for from them besides Brandon in sales.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX

12. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, C-MAN, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #7

User Info Menu

Should I block one hose off and use just one 3/4 house instead?
    Hi Austin, I know that Bean Machine makes these valve covers for Industrial Injection with their logo.

Just recently been redesigned, these valve covers have incorporated a baffle to prevent your problem.

I'm not sure how old the valve cover is that you have, but if you bought it through Industrial Injection and they aren't returning your phone calls, I would try calling Beans, and they might be nice enough to swap out your cover for the updated one.

I've heard a lot of guys experiencing the issue you're having.

If it were me, I would call Bean and go from there.

As far as both of the vents go, I would use them both so you get an even evacuation of crankcase pressure across the valvetrain so that it doesn't have to travel from front to back or vise versa.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by C-MAN; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:32 PM.

14. Thanks AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #8

Quote Originally Posted by C-MAN View Post
    Hi Austin, I know that Bean Machine makes these valve covers for Industrial Injection with their logo.

Just recently been redesigned, these valve covers have incorporated a baffle to prevent your problem.

I'm not sure how old the valve cover is that you have, but if you bought it through Industrial Injection and they aren't returning your phone calls, I would try calling Beans, and they might be nice enough to swap out your cover for the updated one.

I've heard a lot of guys experiencing the issue you're having.

If it were me, I would call Bean and go from there.

As far as both of the vents go, I would use them both so you get an even evacuation of crankcase pressure across the valvetrain so that it doesn't have to travel from front to back or vise versa

Hope this helps.
    It is a nonbaffled version.

It’s little over a yearish old I had stashed away when I had my 08 and when I bought this truck I ordered 2nd Gen swap and stuff.

I had a couple of hours of free time last weekend, so I installed it, and now remembering the ports is just passthough, but the catch can is baffled, but if the source isn’t baffled, then baffled catch can is almost pointless.

I will email Beans tomorrow, and if I don’t hear from them at the end of week I’ll call!

Thank you!

I’ll keep yall updated!

16. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, C-MAN, watersupply189 liked this post