Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: temp fluctuation

1. Top Of Page | #1
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

temp fluctuation

i just replaced the radiator yesterday and put in new coolant and hyper lube coolant additive. but when i give er sum fuel she she goes up a few temps. and when i hit 80 it went prolly 15 to 20 degrees. any ideas on a solution or problem? thnx in advance

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

If I understand you right. . . . You are saying the temp goes up around 200*?

Is that a factory, quality, Rad? Or is it the lowest price got the bid? Who made it and where was it made?

If this just started with the rad replacement, then guess what is the cause? I assume there is no blockage in the front

did you flush out the block?

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

3. Top Of Page | #3
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

normal temp is 190 and itll move to about 200 when i give er fuel but go back dwn and its 240dllr radiator from advance. and all the coolant was flushed and replaced..this happened bfore and after rad replacement polaraco

4. Top Of Page | #4
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

And you didn't replace the $20 thermostat with it? Bet that's the issue

5. Top Of Page | #5
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

thats what i thought too but its not old.ill give it a shot and see thank you!

6. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

A thermostat can start to wonder around. However our diesels (hi hp expecially) can raise the temperatures up 20 degrees by just giving it a hard blip of the throttle because of the combustion process

7. Top Of Page | #7
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

yea she did at when i hit 80 it went up like 20 degrees and i was like wtf! LOL

8. Top Of Page | #8

User Info Menu

I got the right stat from CarQuest. Advance, Auto Zone. . . Junk Merchants

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

9. Top Of Page | #9
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

basicly man.they were the closest to my house only reason i used em

10. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

And what's the verdict?