Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  1
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Some questions about my 2001 cummins

1. Top Of Page | #41
    guru of all things diesel Canadiandiesel's Avatar

User Info Menu

Don't have to drop the tank, and go to beans website they have a video of them taking a sledge hammer to it...

2. Top Of Page | #42
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

So yeah, I'm defiantly doing that than haha so much better

3. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by cummins21 View Post
    i watched a youtube vid. it doesnt look that hard. but still looked shitty because you have to drill the tank out for the straw.
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd View Post
    Save yourself a bit of a headache and time and go with a sump. I went draw straw when I did mine. If I could do it again I'd put a sump in the bottom of the tank and not had to worry about dropping it at all.
    Can i still use the fass? What do i look up for a sump?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Yes can still use the fass system instead of a draw straw you plumb to the bottom of the tank, all sumps are the same. Ask the vendors on here for one.

They are made by hellmann-performance, beans diesel, xdp, deviant and a few others that copy.
    yea i just went on to xdp its $150 that does look a lot easier haha in that case i dont have to drop the tank what so ever than right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Canadiandiesel View Post
    Don't have to drop the tank, and go to beans website they have a video of them taking a sledge hammer to it...
    So yeah, I'm defiantly doing that than haha so much better
    You guys are something else. He can connect right to the original factory draw tube.

Also, we'll put a ball valve in so you can shut the fuel off when you are servicing the filters. Much cleaner

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

4. Top Of Page | #44
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

Couldn't connect to it on my fass system. Hose was way to big to even think about reducing as far as needed to make a good connection. Plus then lose a chunk of the volume the system is capable of pushing.

5. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Personally I would use the factory for return but I would blow that bloody sock off

6. Top Of Page | #46
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

oh man you guys got me all confused now haha what should i get or do now.

i think my problem with the truck starving for fuel at 45mph is that "sock".

7. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

It would starve all the time if it was

8. Top Of Page | #48
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

its so weird. I don't get it at all. its really annoying.

9. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by thewildkarrd View Post
    Couldn't connect to it on my fass system. Hose was way to big to even think about reducing as far as needed to make a good connection. Plus then lose a chunk of the volume the system is capable of pushing.
    Worked on mine. . . But you have an in tank pump. He doesn't.

Crabby. . . I doubt he's going to run over to Island Dragway expecting to set the 1/4 mile record. I held that until 6 years ago. LOL Stock is 3/8. Plenty. If you want to put a sump in, I'll PM you my address. LOL

2003- 3500 RWD Automatic.
    S & B intake, BD Intercooler, Pusher Air Horn, MM3 Double R Tuning, Turbo Timer, electric Flex-a-lite fans, FASS 95,
    50 HP tips, upgrade to 351 turbo, 3.42 gears, Twin air compressors, air bags, Remote dual oil filters, Hellwig sway bar, Front Winch. Home made Fuel Heater, BD Exhaust brake with Torque Lock. Tons of TLC

10. Top Of Page | #50
    Basic Member

User Info Menu

that will be cool! @Polaraco

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345