Don't know if this is the proper section, so mods move it if needed.

I'd been looking and looking for another GM dually for awhile, and this one come up. Done some horse trading, and here she is. 98 GMC 4x4. The BB in it was knocking and the PO had already swapped the 4L80 out for a NV4500. Good deal because that's was my plans. Saved me some time and headache searching for one.

No time to waste. Got it in the shop and pulled the BB. Sold before it even hit the floor.

Pile of parts

12 valve pulled from the Dodge. I aint gonna lie, it kinda was sad. The old truck had been good to me, but she was tired and needed a lot of work.

Had to go to NV4500 school and learn all the differences. Mine ended up being a 95 model GM. Had to machine the Dodge bearing retainer to fit, install a Dodge input, and drill 2 new bottom bolt holes. Originally thought I was gonna have to tear down and swap the 4th gear because the PO said it was a 93 model. Got lucky and I didn't have to

Finally found a bellhousing for a good price. They are proud of them things! Motor and trans together, ready to stab in the truck.

Test fitting in the GMC.

My awesome motor mounts from Autoworld. Great people who know their stuff

Kinda lost touch with the camera while doing other stuff. Ended up having to move the trans crossmember back and shorten driveshaft 3". Removed 90% o the GM wiring and all the PCM. I didn't think I would need it, but ended up moving it to under the seat to run my speedo and fuel gauge. The PCM acts as a buffer for both. Here's my core support modified and installed.

Slowly getting there

First crank in GMC. Click pic for video

Mostly done with swap. Running and driving anyways

Had a few miles on it since swap. Doing pretty good. Looks good, but I had a problem

The 315 mudbrutes were old, dry rotted, and knotted. Rough and about throw you in the ditch it was so shakey. I had some brand new 245/75's in the shop that I put on.

Now that I like it a lot better with a more stock size tire, I'm gonna put the bodylift off. I installed it to make the swap more easier, but the more I look at it I can pull it. Just have to beat the firewall in some and mod my exhaust, radiator and IC hoses. I wish I could have found a 2wd, but this was a good deal and worked out perfect. 3.42 gears are going in it soon as I find time. The 4.10's are taching me out at 77mph, LOL.

Anyone whos interested in doing this swap I'll be glad to give you any advice. It was a pretty easy swap. I could have done it in a couple of days if I would have had all my parts and stuff starting. It took me just over 3 months having to save enough to buy this part, find this one, ect ect. Thanks for looking!