Good morning.

I am looking for some input on whether or not I should be concerned with my transmission.

I have some long trips planned this summer (15+ hour drives one-way).

I have a 2017 RAM 2500 that was deleted around 40k miles ago, and it currently has 80k.

I have been running CTT tuning (the old company that no longer exists, I believe) since the truck was deleted.

Version 2.1D, if that matters to anyone (3rd gear lockup in tow/haul, 2nd gear lockup disabled in regular and tow/haul)

Around this time, I also had a RevMax valve body installed, a thermal bypass, and a deeper pan.

I'm not looking for more power, just longevity/reliability.

My understanding is that the CVI values can be an indicator of the health of my transmission; the current values I have are;

2C - 40
4C - 43
Low/Reverse - 64
OD - 78
UD - 48

I have considered trying other tune versions from CTT, but there seems to be a real mix of opinions on which ones are best.

They do have a CMER tune (4.2) that you can adjust fueling (0-7, with 0 being the cleanest), Shift Firmness (0-9, with 0 being the smoothest), and Locked Shift options.

I have never been super happy with the shifts, as they seem to be a bit firmer than I like unless you're laying into the throttle, which I never do unless I'm passing someone.

I'm curious whether I should try DRD to help clean up my shifts and keep the transmission going OR if I need to start looking into a rebuild.

I'm pretty ignorant in this area; I genuinely want to have confidence that my truck will not fail me 15 hours from home.

Any advice is appreciated; thank you!