Thanks Thanks:  37
Likes Likes:  61
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tips & Tricks For Your 68RFE Valve Body Swap

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: Tips & Tricks For Your 68RFE Valve Body Swap

Quote Originally Posted by NateB2316 View Post
    @ricky_bobby, getting ready to do the same thing.

Revmac included a printout with install options, stock, or non-stock (tuned).

Which did you choose?

I figured I would run the trans tune after the work is done and before starting, then run the re-learn with Alpha OBD.

I was wondering if running the re-learn will wipe out the trans tune and if I should do that after; any advice?
    Chris gave good advice.

Don't run a higher pressure tune on a stock VB.

Flash the new tune, do your VB swap, run quick learn with AlfaOBD and drive easy for the rest of the relearn.

It was probably more tedious and time-consuming to measure what I took out to be sure the fluid level was correct.

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

Re: Tips & Tricks For Your 68RFE Valve Body Swap

Quote Originally Posted by NateB2316 View Post
    @ricky_bobby, getting ready to do the same thing.

Revmac included a printout with install options, stock, or non-stock (tuned).

Which did you choose? I had my VB built by a member here with a DNJ plate and some misc Redmax components but I did not buy a VB from Redmax

I figured I would run the trans tune after the work is done and before starting, then run the re-learn with Alpha OBD.

I was wondering if running the re-learn will wipe out the trans tune and if I should do that after; any advice?
    I flashed my updated file with my new trans tune when the job was complete, then started the truck and did the AlfaOBD "RFE Quicklearn" procedure, and then completed the drive learn as normal afterward.

Flash the new tune for the VB first and then run quicklearn before doing normal driving.

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, watersupply189, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12