Thanks Thanks:  117
Likes Likes:  165
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: MM3 Tuner - PCM Update - How To?

1. Top Of Page | #11

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner - PCM Update - How To?

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    Alright, guys. I went to the shop and talked to the owner.

He will NOT do the PCM update because he doesn’t know if Chrysler has a lock on doing ‘updates’ on deleted trucks.

He’s afraid if he did, that would mess it up, and I would have to start fresh again with a new tuner, if that makes sense.

He did mention that I should talk with Ray and see if he can figure it out.

Or maybe I need an update on the MM3.

So, I am tagging Ray in this.

THANKS GUYS!

You’re the best!! @DRD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Unfortunately, DRD technical support is no longer an option.

Can you think of any maintenance that was performed or symptoms that occurred prior to this sluggishness? Did the shop find any trouble codes with their full system scan? Have they monitored VGT actual vs. desired and fuel pressure actual vs. desired?

When they test drove, was there any possibility it could be transmission related?

Updating the firmware on your MM3 past the one that introduced early 2019 with the "switch" feature isn't going to help.

You could reload your tunes in case the PCM has been corrupted, but that is a long shot and highly unlikely.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks Corkey, cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #12

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner - PCM Update - How To?

Alright, guys. I went to the shop and talked to the owner.

He will NOT do the PCM update because he doesn’t know if Chrysler has a lock on doing ‘updates’ on deleted trucks.

He’s afraid if he did, that would mess it up, and I would have to start fresh again with a new tuner, if that makes sense.

He did mention that I should talk with Ray and see if he can figure it out.

Or maybe I need an update on the MM3.

So, I am tagging Ray in this.

THANKS GUYS!

You’re the best!! @DRD

Unfortunately, DRD is no longer in business.

I sure hope you can figure out what the issue is on your truck.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
    Likes cumminsbadgirl, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #13

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post

Can you think of any maintenance that was performed or symptoms that occurred prior to this sluggishness? Did the shop find any trouble codes with their full system scan? Have they monitored VGT actual vs. desired and fuel pressure actual vs. desired?

When they test drove, was there any possibility it could be transmission related?

Updating the firmware on your MM3 past the one that introduced early 2019 with the "switch" feature isn't going to help.

You could reload your tunes in case the PCM has been corrupted, but that is a long shot and highly unlikely.

Omgosh, I can’t post pics either on Tapatalk or the website!!! Grrrr!!!
    I will try to figure it out and get back to you….
    Sorry!! I told you guys I’m not tech savvy LOL

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

6. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #14

User Info Menu

What ?? DRD is no longer ??
    Man, I’ve been outta the loop too long!!
    Attachment 16946

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

8. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  9. Top Of Page | #15

User Info Menu

Good grief, I just can’t win LOL….. I’m trying!!

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

10. Likes AK Bob, Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #16

User Info Menu

Hi Bob,
    Sorry, I’m having technical issues LOL.
    They said nothing about transmission issues.

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

12. Thanks AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  13. Top Of Page | #17

User Info Menu

So you had a service performed on 4/17/2023 and noticed the sluggishness on 2/28/2024 then took it in to diagnose the issue on 4/19/2024 correct?

Nothing in the 4/17/2023 service noted that would cause the issue. Did you have any problems, like dead battery, hard start or replace any parts etc. between 4/17/2023 and 2/28/2024?

I see they did perform the checks we talked about during the 4/19/2024 visit, pleased to see that. Wondering what specific PCM update they were thinking about and why?

If we can’t come up with any other suggestions or ideas it may be worthwhile to go ahead and reload your tuning again, just to rule out any possible PCM corruption.

Edit:
    @cumminsbadgirl if you decide to reflash your tunes I can provide how to information.

Last edited by AK Bob; 05-31-2024 at 11:32 PM. Reason: Added tag and additional text
    2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

14. Thanks Corkey, cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  15. Top Of Page | #18

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner - PCM Update - How To?

So you had a service performed on 4/17/2023 and noticed the sluggishness on 2/28/2024 then took it in to diagnose the issue on 4/19/2024 correct?

Nothing in the 4/17/2023 service noted that would cause the issue. Did you have any problems, like dead battery, hard start or replace any parts etc. between 4/17/2023 and 2/28/2024?

I see they did perform the checks we talked about during the 4/19/2024 visit, pleased to see that. Wondering what specific PCM update they were thinking about and why?

If we can’t come up with any other suggestions or ideas it may be worthwhile to go ahead and reload your tuning again, just to rule out any possible PCM corruption.
    No, I only went to the shop on 2/28/24 to have them confirm what coolant to put in the reservoir because I was getting conflicting info (from the dealership) and to have them check up on the side notes from 2023 visit, the truck was running fine then. Since, it had been sitting for about a month on a battery maintainer and when I decided to drive it again is when it became sluggish. It sat all last winter and I had to buy 2 new batteries for it, so, that’s the reason for the battery maintainer now. They are so busy so it took almost 3 weeks to get in for the 4/19/24 appt for them to check it out. So, NO on anything else from 2023 - 2/28/24.
    I sure do appreciate all your help on trying to figure this out!!!! THANK YOU!!!
    AND YES PLEASE ON HELP ON HOW TO REFLASH IF THATS WHAT I NEED TO DO!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

16. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, watersupply189 liked this post
  17. Top Of Page | #19

User Info Menu

No, I only went to the shop on 2/28/24 to have them confirm what coolant to put in the reservoir because I was getting conflicting info and to have them check up on the side notes from 2023 visit, the truck was running fine then. Since, it had been sitting for about a month on a battery maintainer and when I decided to drive it again is when it became sluggish. It sat all last winter and I had to buy 2 new batteries for it, so, that’s the reason for the battery maintainer now. They are so busy so it took almost 3 weeks to get in for the 4/19/24 appt for them to check it out. So, NO on anything else from 2023 - 2/28/24.
    I sure do appreciate all your help on trying to figure this out!!!! THANK YOU!!!
    AND YES ON HELP ON HOW TO REFLASH IF THATS WHAT I NEED TO DO!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk in
    Since you had low battery voltage followed by the sluggishness I think it would be worthwhile to reload your tuning. See the steps below.

First make sure your batteries are fully charged and connect a battery tender/charger to the driver side battery. Battery voltage must not fall below 12.6 Volts while flashing.

Key or push button in the “run” position do not start engine (keep foot off brake).

Follow the screen shots below, from the gage screen touch the screen, select Main Menu, ECM, then select Program Custom File To ECM. (No need to return to stock).

Allow the MM3 to write the tune and follow any screen prompts.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AK Bob; 06-01-2024 at 12:28 AM.

18. Thanks Corkey, cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  19. Top Of Page | #20

User Info Menu

@cumminsbadgirl photos in my post above are now rotated correctly. Technical issues LOL

20. Thanks cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast