Thanks Thanks:  117
Likes Likes:  165
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: MM3 Tuner - PCM Update - How To?

1. Top Of Page | #41

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner - PCM Update - How To?

Quote Originally Posted by cumminsbadgirl View Post
    @AK Bob @watersupply189

IT WORKED!!!!
    HAPPY TEARS!!!!!!
    Just got back from a long run on the freeway then in town and she runs like a champ!!!!
    NO SLUGGISHNESS AT ALL!!!!!!
    I’M SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!
    I CAN’T THANK YOU ENOUGH, SO GRATEFUL TO YOU AND THIS FAMILY!!!!!

On a side note, my exhaust brake doesn’t come on at start up, but I just have to hit it manually, no biggy!!! And also the check engine light came on. During the reflash, “service electronic braking system” and “service electronic throttle control” came on, so don’t know if that’s the reason behind the check engine light, but, I will take it to the shop tomorrow and make an appt to have those checked out.
    THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Great News, good job and congratulations!

Odd that the exhaust brake no longer automatically remains on. The check engine light will normally appear after flashing trucks with the Aisin transmission. It should turn itself off after four or five key cycles. So give that a try, before you take it into the shop. Remember to take it easy for a few days to allow the Aisin to adapt.

The main takeaway from this is that low battery voltage issues can cause file corruption in the PCM.

Be sure to backup your custom tuning file. Don’t rely solely on the original SD card as it can fail. If your tuning provider is no longer in business you will have to start over and purchase new tunes.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...EAD-IMPORTANT)

I would also recommend you pick up a 5 or 10 Amp battery charger/maintainer. The little one that you have now is only good as a maintainer once the batteries are fully charged. Not sure what type of batteries you have installed, maybe post a photo of the stickers on the top. If it’s an AGM you will need a compatible charger. The Norco chargers are great and have settings for Flooded, AGM and Lithium. Since you don’t drive the truck much you can leave these charger on as long as you want, all winter if necessary and it won’t over charge the battery. The advantage of the 10 amp is a faster charge or recovery time should the battery be allowed to fall into a low state of charge.

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS5-...e%2C189&sr=1-4

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

2. Thanks Corkey, watersupply189, cumminsbadgirl thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #42

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner - PCM Update - How To?

Quote Originally Posted by AK Bob View Post
    Great News, good job and congratulations!

Odd that the exhaust brake no longer automatically remains on. The check engine light will normally appear after flashing trucks with the Aisin transmission. It should turn itself off after four or five key cycles. So give that a try, before you take it into the shop. Remember to take it easy for a few days to allow the Aisin to adapt.

The main takeaway from this is that low battery voltage issues can cause file corruption in the PCM.

Be sure to backup your custom tuning file. Don’t rely solely on the original SD card as it can fail. If your tuning provider is no longer in business you will have to start over and purchase new tunes.

https://www.igotacummins.com/threads...EAD-IMPORTANT)

I would also recommend you pick up a 5 or 10 Amp battery charger/maintainer. The little one that you have now is only good as a maintainer once the batteries are fully charged. Not sure what type of batteries you have installed, maybe post a photo of the stickers on the top. If it’s an AGM you will need a compatible charger. The Norco chargers are great and have settings for Flooded, AGM and Lithium. Since you don’t drive the truck much you can leave these charger on as long as you want, all winter if necessary and it won’t over charge the battery. The advantage of the 10 amp is a faster charge or recovery time should the battery be allowed to fall into a low state of charge.

https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENIUS5-...e%2C189&sr=1-4
    THANK YOU AGAIN, AGAIN FOR ALL THIS INFO!!
    And I will wait on going to the shop. I will need to find someone with a computer and also tech savvy as I did originally when I got the tuner but I will definitely get that done ASAP! I don’t need anymore issues for sure! Thank you for posting the links, much appreciated!!!!!
    You’re the best!!!!
    I will take a pic of the batteries tomorrow because I have no clue what I have, so once again, THANK YOU BOB!!!!!!!!!

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

Previous "Cummins Badgirls" :
    2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

4. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #43

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by watersupply189 View Post
    So glad it’s running better for you Sandie!!
    Hopefully the CEL is just temporary and will go away.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4
    THANK YOU JOE!!!!!!
    I will take Bobs advice and wait and see what happens. I’m just so relieved that the reflash worked!!! One happy girl here!!!
    Cheers!!!

2014 CUMMINS "BADGIRL" Laramie MC 3500 (Aisin) 4X4 MM3 Tuned by Double R Diesel *** EGR delete AFE CAI 4” FLO-PRO w/muffler 4" Zone lift, Federal Couragia 37’s with Black Rhinos,bed carpet kit, tail-gate assist, Retrax tunnau cover

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

6. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey liked this post
  7. Top Of Page | #44

User Info Menu

THANK YOU AGAIN, AGAIN FOR ALL THIS INFO!!
    And I will wait on going to the shop. I will need to find someone with a computer and also tech savvy as I did originally when I got the tuner but I will definitely get that done ASAP! I don’t need anymore issues for sure! Thank you for posting the links, much appreciated!!!!!
    You’re the best!!!!
    I will take a pic of the batteries tomorrow because I have no clue what I have, so once again, THANK YOU BOB!!!!!!!!!

Hi Sandi, I'm just following up.

Has that check engine light gone away yet?

Did you identify your battery type?

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

8. Top Of Page | #45

User Info Menu

Hi Sandi, I'm just following up.

Has that check engine light gone away yet?

Did you identify your battery type?
    Yes, it did, and yes, I've been working, so I will update you tonight after work.

I'm so sorry for the delay!

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

9. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Corkey, IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  10. Top Of Page | #46

User Info Menu

Hi Bob, @AK Bob
    So glad that the CEL went away as you said and the exhaust brake came back on at start up the next day…(YAY!!)
    For the life of me, I can’t seem to find my receipt for the batteries but here’s a pic of the battery x2
    ARMOR PLATE
    AR94R/H7 8.1 CCA 790
    I’ve googled it but it’s confusing to me.
    Hope this helps AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!
    CHEERS!!
    2D876E0F-6F84-4C8D-8D22-641464B47CAF.jpg

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

11. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189 liked this post
  12. Top Of Page | #47

User Info Menu

Hi Bob, @AK Bob
    So glad that the CEL went away as you said and the exhaust brake came back on at start up the next day…(YAY!!)
    For the life of me, I can’t seem to find my receipt for the batteries but here’s a pic of the battery x2
    ARMOR PLATE
    AR94R/H7 8.1 CCA 790
    I’ve googled it but it’s confusing to me.
    Hope this helps AND THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!
    CHEERS!!
    2D876E0F-6F84-4C8D-8D22-641464B47CAF.jpg
    Thanks for the update. Pleased to hear that the exhaust brake came back on also.

I didn’t have much better luck than you did searching for the “Armor Plate” battery specifications.

I did find a general description of Armor Plate batteries as being sealed lead acid (Flooded), but not specifically for the one you have.

Perhaps if you remember where you purchased it from, they should have some more detailed Information on the type.

Attached Images Attached Images

13. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, Corkey, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  14. Top Of Page | #48

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner - PCM Update - How To?

Thanks for the update. Pleased to hear that the exhaust brake came back on also.

I didn’t have much better luck than you did searching for the “Armor Plate” battery specifications.

I did find a general description of Armor Plate batteries as being sealed lead acid (Flooded), but not specifically for the one you have.

Perhaps if you remember where you purchased it from, they should have some more detailed Information on the type.
    Thank You for trying and Yes, since I couldn’t find my receipt I was planning on going tomorrow, they are here in my town and I will report back on what they say, I know they’re not the best choice but they were cheaper than the major brands and sometimes they say
    “You get what you pay for”
    I was off work for 4 1/2 months due to knee surgery so $$ was an issue otherwise I would’ve went with major name.

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

15. Thanks watersupply189 thanked for this post
  16. Top Of Page | #49

User Info Menu

Thank You for trying and Yes, since I couldn’t find my receipt I was planning on going tomorrow, they are here in my town and I will report back on what they say, I know they’re not the best choice but they were cheaper than the major brands and sometimes they say
    “You get what you pay for”
    I was off work for 4 1/2 months due to knee surgery so $$ was an issue otherwise I would’ve went with major name.

Probably a sealed lead acid (flooded), but you should verify so you can select the appropriate setting on your charger.

17. Thanks cumminsbadgirl, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  18. Top Of Page | #50

User Info Menu

Probably a sealed lead acid (flooded), but you should verify so you can select the appropriate setting on your charger.
    Thank you, and I will find out.

You’re the bestest!

2006 Cummins 2500 4x4
    2012 Cummins 2500 4x4

19. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345