Thanks Thanks:  10
Likes Likes:  16

Thread: 2nd Gen Swap Vs. BD Iron Horn (3rd Gen Manifold)?

1. Top Of Page | #1

2nd Gen Swap Vs. BD Iron Horn (3rd Gen Manifold)?

Hey fellas.

A couple of questions for the public.

I'm considering upgrading my 6.7L Cummins with either a 2nd Gen swap steed speed manifold or the cost-efficient BD iron horn turbo kit with the 3rd Gen manifold.

My truck is a 2017 RAM 2500 6.7L, deleted and tuned with DRD via MM3.

It has a 5" FLO~PRO, Banks Monster RAM air intake manifold, CCV delete, Throttle valve delete, custom aftermarket air intake, 3.5" aftermarket boost/intercooler tubes, lift and tires, etc.

However, it does not have aftermarket fueling or STOCK head studs and has a stock transmission.

With this said, I'm stuck between the BD iron horn S364SXE and the S366SXE.

Can the truck handle the S366SXE with stock fueling and injectors without being sluggish?

Regarding the 2nd Gen swap, I like the WC Fab second-gen kits but can't find where to buy them, as they appear to be discontinued.

Can you help me with this on the seller's location?

Or do you have any other recommendations for good second-gen swap kits?

Enclosing, which would my current setup be best suited for between my two options above?

Thanks!

2. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: 2nd Gen Swap Vs. BD Iron Horn (3rd Gen Manifold)?

Quote Originally Posted by Julian_H View Post
    Hey fellas.

A couple of questions for the public.

I'm considering upgrading my 6.7L Cummins with either a 2nd Gen swap steed speed manifold or the cost-efficient BD iron horn turbo kit with the 3rd Gen manifold.

My truck is a 2017 RAM 2500 6.7L, deleted and tuned with DRD via MM3.

It has a 5" FLO~PRO, Banks Monster RAM air intake manifold, CCV delete, Throttle valve delete, custom aftermarket air intake, 3.5" aftermarket boost/intercooler tubes, lift and tires, etc.

However, it does not have aftermarket fueling or STOCK head studs and has a stock transmission.

With this said, I'm stuck between the BD iron horn S364SXE and the S366SXE.

Can the truck handle the S366SXE with stock fueling and injectors without being sluggish?

Regarding the 2nd Gen swap, I like the WC Fab second-gen kits but can't find where to buy them, as they appear to be discontinued.

Can you help me with this on the seller's location?

Or do you have any other recommendations for good second-gen swap kits?

Enclosing, which would my current setup be best suited for between my two options above?

Thanks!
    I would go no bigger than an S364.

There will be a decent amount of lag with the S366 on stock fuel and no real benefit.

The only places I know of that are still selling 2nd Gen swap kits are Evil Fab and maybe Slosh fab.

4. Top Of Page | #3

User Info Menu

You can still get 2nd gen swap kits from Smeding Diesel.

I am running a Smeding S467.7 billet with about 80K miles.

Runs like a champ.

I think the S300s are a little small in terms of the 6.7.

I also prefer the 2nd gen style manifold due to the center dump to the turbo.

Which turbine/compressor size to choose depends on your truck's use.

-Muzzy

2008 Megacab 4x4 G56 Trans - All mods lost in boating accident - EFI Live by Muzzy, 2nd gen S467.7/83/1.0, Banks Monster Ram, 5" Exhaust, Grid Heater Delete, Rail Plug, BD Flowmax LP, SB Clutch, Fuel Sump -8AN line, Bilstein 5100s, Cali Track Bar, Dynatec B-joints, Level Springs, 1" Lift Shackles Rear, Royal Purple Lubricants...there is probably more that I forgot.

5. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, crader11c thanked for this post
  6. Top Of Page | #4

Thanks a lot for the info, fellas.

7. Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob liked this post