Thanks Thanks:  7
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Stock turbo upgrade

1. Top Of Page | #1

Stock turbo upgrade

I'm considering getting a larger front cover and compressor wheel on my stock turbo.

I found 63, 64, and 67mm kits for it. Has anyone done this upgrade or heard about someone doing it?

I'm not sure which one I should get.

I'm leaning towards the 67mm.

On my 13 3500, I have 5in turbo back exhaust, pulse manifold, S&B cold air intake, removed intake heater ported factory intake plate, one of those 3.5 to double 3in intake horn, and 178/208 cam.

I've heard this cam moves a ton of air in the low end, so I think it should spool the 67mm wheel nicely, but I'm not sure.

My budget doesn't allow for a new turbo, so that's one reason I'm considering this upgrade.

Considering my current mods, what do you think?

Good idea, bad idea, alternative recommendations?

Attached Images Attached Images

2. Thanks Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, Dans thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, AK Bob, watersupply189, Dans liked this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Stock turbo upgrade

Moving from stock to anything 67mm related, IMO, will need fueling.

I haven't encountered this kit before, so I'm not sure what you could expect.

If it's adding a big jump in the air, you need fuel plus tuning to match everything.

This also" in my head at least " needs springs\valves\ and at least ARP 625 studs.

If turbo sound is what you may be after, look at AGP T51R turbo mod.

It's affordable as well with a huge sound difference.

You'll put Fords to shame.

I have the 64mm with the .90 and went with their 64mm compressor housing option.

They can charge an additional cost for them to use a stock cover, or you send yours in.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

4. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Dans thanked for this post
    Likes AK Bob, watersupply189, Dans liked this post