Thanks Thanks:  12
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: MM3 Tuner - Error Code 1 - (Figured Out)

1. Top Of Page | #1

User Info Menu

MM3 Tuner - Error Code 1 - (Figured Out)

I don’t need help; this is just info for a problem I ran into and got help from MM3 support.

I figured it out after two days of back and forth, and hopefully, it will help someone in the future.

I bought a new blank MM3 Tuner, which came in the mail.

Everything worked well; I could read all the gauges and parameters.

Couple days later received tuning files from tranny shop to boost the line pressure in my 68RFE.

Loaded onto an SD card and went to the truck.

I went to flash the ECM with my new tune with the charger on, and voltage tested at 13V on the multimeter.

I got to 60% and failed with error code 14000.

I then proceeded to try again and said, “Low voltage.”

I checked the charger and batteries with the multimeter again, and 13V still.

I tried again, and the MM3 told me, “Failed, ECM not in application mode.”

I unplugged and checked pickup with AlfaOBD, and I came up with the U1601 code “Application software code 1 missing or corrupted”.

The truck would not even begin to start the flash anymore.

I got a hold of MM3 support, and they said the usual.

Check the connection and ALL CONNECTIONS, and try to reset the ECM by unhooking both batteries for about 30 minutes as I tried, but there were no dice.

I then sent MM3 my truck info, and they got a Recovery file sent to me the morning after.

I reformatted my SD card and used the MM3 agent to re-initialize my card (I saved all the files on the card and sent them to the computer before doing so), and the files were put in appropriate folders, including the recovery file.

I put it in the truck and went to install the recovery file.

I got to 60% and failed to write to ECM (Error code 1), so I got a hold of support again.

They said they’ve been running into an issue of hardware overheating internally recently.

Advised me to try and pull the actual MM3 monitor and put it in the fridge for 30 minutes, then immediately go to the truck and try again, as it then took the flash.

I unhooked the MM3, repeated the fridge for 30 minutes, went out immediately, and installed the tuning file with no issue.

They know the issue, and when the engineers figure it out, they will warranty my device with a new one.

Putting it in the fridge is inconvenient, but my pickup is flashed and back on the road.

Hopefully, this helps someone.

If it works for you, I’d still get a hold of support and make sure you get on the warranty list once they figure it out.

They think it all stemmed from internal components getting too hot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: MM3 Tuner - Error Code 1 - (Figured Out)

Thanks for sharing the great write-up!

This information will be helpful to others who may find themselves in a similar situation.

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

3. Thanks crader11c, Corkey, watersupply189, Dans thanked for this post
    Likes crader11c, Corkey, watersupply189, Dans liked this post