Thanks Thanks:  28
Likes Likes:  41

Thread: Autocal V3 - Help With Tuner Advice?

1. Top Of Page | #1

Autocal V3 - Help With Tuner Advice?

So, as I am a newer premium member, I would like advice.

I recently bought a 2017 RAM 2500 6.7L -i6 Tradesman 4x4; I overlooked several things.

For one, the truck has been deleted previously, so not being in the diesel world for too long, I wasn't aware that tuners are getting harder to find quality due to EPA shutting everyone down.

I jumped and bought Autocal V3 off Diesel Dudes out of Canada.

After receiving the email with the tune found, they used Black Bandit tunes.

I'm conflicted because I found a few reviews on Diesel Dude delete tunes.

I bought the Autocal a few weeks ago but hesitated about uploading it to the truck.

Has anyone used a Tune from them?

For one, I am pretty sure it's a SOFT 5 knob going upwards of 150hp; I am just looking for better than stock, better performance for towin.g

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Thanks watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
  3. Top Of Page | #2

User Info Menu

Re: Autocal V3 - Help With Tuner Advice?

Welcome!

I’ve never heard of this company, but I’m sure someone here has and will jump in to answer your question.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

4. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, Corkey liked this post
  5. Top Of Page | #3
    DEFUND EPA I WILL STAND sootmaster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Hello, are you presently OK with the truck running?

Why fix what's not broken?

As for tunes, they are all dependent on the tuner.

Since you already have a V3, ask the tuner to unlock and purchase whatever tunes from whom you do your DD and move forward.

EFI Live can also unlock if your present tuner does not give a code, but this is always a fee required.

Also, seek "PLUS" membership, as it's free and has options!!

07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

6. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, AK Bob, watersupply189 thanked for this post
  7. Top Of Page | #4

Quote Originally Posted by sootmaster View Post
    Hello, are you presently OK with the truck running?

Why fix what's not broken?

As for tunes, they are all dependent on the tuner.

Since you already have a V3, ask the tuner to unlock and purchase whatever tunes from whom you do your DD and move forward.

EFI Live can also unlock if your present tuner does not give a code, but this is always a fee required.

Also, seek "PLUS" membership, as it's free and has options!!
    I am currently waiting for the Plus membership to be reviewed.

I thought that tuning the truck would help make it run smoother with shifts, and throttle response run better, and overall help the engine to not work so hard, but again, I'm conflicted with even installing this without seeing a lot of info on the company.

I have read a few bad reviews on them, but I didn't look too hard before buying since I wasn't aware of all the BS regulations on deleted tunes.

So now I am sitting on a $1,100 Autocal V3 with a SOFT switch, and it is tuned with what I assume on 4, adding around 150hp to the low-end 50hp tune.

I don't care to add that much hp and start destroying things.

Also, when I replaced my valve body, I bought a RevMax high-performance towing HD valve body.

It says if you plan to tune the truck, leave the plug out for added line pressure, which I did, but the truck is not tuned yet.

I feel a shudder when around 30% throttle between, I believe, 3-4 gear, but the shudder isn't present at low throttle or higher throttle.

I didn't feel this before I replaced the valve body.

I don't know if it is due to low-line pressure.

Thanks for responding, and I am sorry for the extended response; I am new to diesel.

2017 ram 2500 6.7 4x4 tradesman, revmax tow/haul billet valve body- afe power cold air intake

8. Top Of Page | #5

User Info Menu

The shuddering is most likely due to no custom tuning for the transmission with the new Valve body.

You are correct with the CSP5 SOTF switch.

I recall it being 30, 50, 100, 150 and 200 I believe.

It's been a while since I had EFI Live.

If you don't have head studs don't go over tune 3 which should be 100hp.

This is just a touch more than what the typical tow tune should be " 90hp ".

I haven't heard of that company but just wait for the Plus membership and toss the efi live kit for sale on here or to a friend.

You're only other option is sourcing out a reputable Efi life tuner to help gain access for parts that require tunes.

With the MM3 platform you will be rest assured that you have help on your side, tech support, and guidance.

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

9. Top Of Page | #6

User Info Menu

Agree with the advice above from @Corkey.

If you are towing heavy, over 10K, then I would recommend installing an exhaust temperature probe to keep an eye on the EGTs.

You may need to switch to the 30 HP setting to keep the exhaust temperature in check (below 1400*F for extended periods).

2014 RAM 3500 (Aisin) 3.73 4X4 Limited Crew Cab Long Bed DRW. Oil Bypass Filter, Fuel Filtration Kit, Cold Air Intake, City Diesel Actuator and 50 Gallon Aux Fuel Tank.

10. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, IGOTACUMMINS, Corkey liked this post
  11. Top Of Page | #7
    DEFUND EPA I WILL STAND sootmaster's Avatar

User Info Menu

Corky's reply is spot on!!

"MM3 platform, you will be rest assured that you have help on your side, tech support, and guidance."

When have Plus can see their reviews on their trans tunes by members here!

I just hope you will get more money for the unlocked V3.

It is not useable until it's VIN-unlocked from the tuner you purchased from or EFi support, FYI.

You're in the rabbit hole going forward!

Enjoy the best truck on the market.

07.5 4x4 Yukon Detroit locker Rear AAM Elect-Front Locker, DOR Front Arm, ATS/Destroke Allison 1000 Conversion W/All 3-Billet Shafts, My Stage-5+ Allison, ATS Five Star TQ Converter, ATS CoPilot, Turbo America Custom VGT, Steed Speed Manifold, (UpGrading Compound Pusher turbo s480 soon) Motorsports Diesel 100% over custom Injectors, MotorSports Diesel 10.6 CP3, AirDog II 165-5G, Rail Pressure Relief 1-Stage, Update Common Rail, Mishimoto Intercooler, ARP 425 Studs, Hamilton Springs,Ret,PR

12. Thanks IGOTACUMMINS thanked for this post
  13. Top Of Page | #8

Quote Originally Posted by sootmaster View Post
    Corky's reply is spot on!!

"MM3 platform, you will be rest assured that you have help on your side, tech support, and guidance."

When have Plus can see their reviews on their trans tunes by members here!

I just hope you will get more money for the unlocked V3.

It is not useable until it's VIN-unlocked from the tuner you purchased from or EFi support, FYI.

You're in the rabbit hole going forward!

Enjoy the best truck on the market.
    Thanks for the information, everyone. I think that’s what I’ll do is get an MM3 and try to source a reputable tuner.

I don’t like the idea of not having a screen.

I will be better at not jumping the gun when it comes to this truck.

Things are just too expensive to mess around with. I will just need to find out how to unlock the vin lock on this autocal.

Since my plus membership has been approved, I shall go on the search for an MM3 and more info on a tune on here.

2017 ram 2500 6.7 4x4 tradesman, revmax tow/haul billet valve body- afe power cold air intake

14. Thanks watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob thanked for this post
    Likes watersupply189, Corkey, AK Bob liked this post
  15. Top Of Page | #9

User Info Menu

When funds are available, just message @IGOTACUMMINS with inquiry.

You're in good hands, IGOTACUMMINS is there!

II 60HP STICKS, II 33% CP3, II S464 2ND GEN SWAP, FASS 165 TITANIUM SIGNATURE SERIES, AFE INTAKE HORN, S&B FILTER, 5" TURBO BACK, ALPHAREX HEAD LIGHTS, 38X13.5X20 RAZOR M/T, MOTO METAL RIMS, 6" LA LIFT KIT, COMPLET MM3 KIT, BUILT TRANSMISSION, 6 BOLT REDHEAD STEERING BOX, YUKON 4.56 GEARS W/ COVERS

16. Thanks AK Bob, watersupply189, Bseth0366 thanked for this post
  17. Top Of Page | #10

User Info Menu

Autocal V3 - Help With Tuner Advice?

Quote Originally Posted by Corkey View Post
    When funds are available, just message @IGOTACUMMINS with inquiry.

You're in good hands, IGOTACUMMINS is there!
    Ahhhhhh!

I see what ya did there, Cork! LOL.

I was singing that in my head.

2016 Ram Laramie 3500, G56, 6.7, CC, 4x4

2016 RAM 3500 4x4 Laramie Crew Cab ,G56

18. Thanks Corkey thanked for this post
    Likes Corkey, Bseth0366, 5001craig, AK Bob liked this post